C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

non-bose stereo questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 10:49 PM
tinman12
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default non-bose stereo questions

Ok,, I have been searching the forums for a few weeks trying to get a better understanding of the non- bose stereo system in a 2011 Grand Sport.
Tons of this and that but most very conflicting. I want to upgrade the system with speakers and amps. I do not want to replace the head unit. I don't like the busy look of the new displays nor lose steering wheel controls.

So the questions are:
Does the factory head unit have RCA plugs to install an AMP? If not, what adapter is needed for this?

Can you really fit a 6x9 in the door without cutting up the door? Just I am old school but I think a pioneer 6x9 would be hard to beat.

What are the actual size of the existing speakers in the door and rear?

How big can I go? from the pics of the door holes, this looks like it could accept a much bigger speaker if clearance does not become a problem.

I have a four channel Alpine amp already and think some 6x9 and a 8 inch quality sub would rock the car.

Thanks
James
Old 10-20-2014, 11:41 PM
kanati
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told the door spot can hold a 10", but it's not very deep. No idea on the head unit stuff as mine came with a pioneer aftermarket already installed.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:24 AM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Repost in Audio Section of Forum and you will get all the answers. Contact Dennis at Double D Mods, he is the corvette audio expert and will set you up with every think you need at the best price.
http://www.doubledmods.com/

Get notified of new replies

To non-bose stereo questions

Quick Reply: non-bose stereo questions