C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

npp parts needed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 01:55 AM
karnut76
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default npp parts needed!

So i had the npp set up on my 08. I did a big cam kit headers and Akrapovic exhaust. The problem is i sold the npp to another guy and apparently to utilize the bi mode feature of the Akrapovic, im supposed to use the exhaust soliniod things off my factory npp. I dont have them and i cant find any! I asked gm and they dont even have a part number so... What do i do? Is there somewhere i can buy them?? Thanks
Old 10-22-2014, 10:44 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

What "exhaust solenoid things" do you need? Usual NPP sales contain the overaxle pipes, mufflers w/tips and the vacuum operated flaps. No solenoids involved.

You might want to call Sunset Orange Creations, he's real knowledgable about the NPP.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:34 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I think he is referring to the flaps themselves, where the vacuum line connects to the flaps.

I bet he has to buy the complete cans from GM in order to get what he is seeking.

Add: I have a extra set of GM cans, but, they fit Z06.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:38 AM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Don't ask GM- look it up yourself- it is available separately for $60 or so. There is also a vacuum ball reservoir back there too isn't there?

I retrofitted my own system on my C4 and ended up getting a similar vacuum solenoid out of a Cadillac at the junkyard- it is a fairly universal type of valve.

Get notified of new replies

To npp parts needed!

Quick Reply: npp parts needed!