C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade my 05 and Ducati?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 08:38 AM
ASarsano
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade my 05 and Ducati?

So debating whether or not it’s time to trade in.
Owned my 05 for about 3 years now. and I’ve done a lot of work to it
From new interior to engine and drive train

Swapped out from grey interior to Red/Black, added the HUD
Guages etc. Hydro carbon pieces, LEDs Mounted 2 Nitrous Bottles (Still haven’t run the lines)

CAM, Vararam, Rockers, Texas Speed LT Headers, Borla Cat back
Majority of the work has gone into the drive train
Custom built my own tranny (shift kit stronger planetary gears extra clutchpacks) 3500 10" TC from Circle D. and an RPM stage 2 3.73 Diff (the 08 andUp diff conversion for the 05.
So it’s defiantly a good platform for higher power mods.

But it’s the only Auto I’ve ever owned and i always miss having a manual.Still has a small payment on it (about 7k left) I also have a 2012 Ducati 848Evo. I absolutely love the bike but after being stationed in TN and looking atthe price of "Super Bike" insurance rates (a none issue in FL) bikehas sate for over a year still only has 1,100 miles on it so basically brandnew.

Wondering if you guys feel it would be worth it to trade in the car and bikefor maybe a 08+ Z06 though it would be like starting over for a lot of my mods.Not to meantion now that im stationed away form the shop I used to work ate prior to joining the Army i no longer have a place to do alot of the work and labor will now be a factor for Mods.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:00 AM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

Z06 would not need much more in go fast mods, nice stock platform.
Not sure how good you would make out with purchasing a 08 Z06 with the trades your considering, Z cars don't come cheap in good condition.
GL
Old 10-22-2014, 09:03 AM
ASarsano
Racer

lol well as far as em going fast yeah there good but ive never been one to leave any thoign stock for long. do intend to hit the strip from time to time in the future.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:11 AM
ViperC4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honestly now is not the time of year to be getting rid of bikes. you will take a hit for sure. The problem you will have with the bike is miles are so low people think there is something wrong with it. I am facing that same problem with a hayabusa i am selling. 2008 mint with 1400 miles on it. People shy away cause the miles are too low.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:17 AM
ASarsano
Racer

yeah ive noticed the same thing. Lol Man i miss being stationed in FL. I baught it Cash after my thhird tour over seas but after being back in the states about 4 months got stationed in TN and with Insuranc ebeing a requirment the rates are sky high up here for a duck. I expected to take a hit but from what ive seen its almost a 50% loss thats a bit more then im ok with lol

Get notified of new replies

To Trade my 05 and Ducati?

Quick Reply: Trade my 05 and Ducati?