C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peel & Stick Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 07:50 PM
ETRADIO
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peel & Stick Accessories

I wanted to dress up the exterior of my 013 GS 3LT with some stainless steel accessories, I'm just unsure of the peel and stick application, Does anyone have any experience with this application? I was looking on the online corvette store and The Corvette Museum web store. So if anyone has had any dealings with this stuff, please let me know, Thank you. E.T.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:11 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by ETRADIO
I wanted to dress up the exterior of my 013 GS 3LT with some stainless steel accessories, I'm just unsure of the peel and stick application, Does anyone have any experience with this application? I was looking on the online corvette store and The Corvette Museum web store. So if anyone has had any dealings with this stuff, please let me know, Thank you. E.T.
Never used the stuff on my 2010 but I would be afraid of the stick part of the peel and stick actually losing its adhesion causing the part to fall off or hang off. My other thought is it could make the car look cheap.
Just my opinion......which is not worth much!
Old 10-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Old Ben
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 98 Posts
2017 C6 of Year Finalist

What are you looking at? Some are really good at staying in place and some are not.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:39 PM
MKenM
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 275 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18,'21

It's all in the quality of the product. Those items that use 3M VHB adhesive will stay in place for years. Nothing is permanent. My front license plate metal bracket is held in place with the 3M tape and is rock solid. My curb alert also uses the 3M tape no problems. I have friends that have use the Corvette metal letters that have no issues.

Others may have a different experience. Hope that helps.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:43 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Proper surface prep is also key to "permanent" adhesion. I've put other (not SS) peel and stick on products, and found the key is to make sure there is no oil, wax, soap, or moisture on the surface (or the tape adhesive) before applying.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:53 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by ETRADIO
I'm going to guess that you are thinking about those chrome Corvette letters for the rear bumper. I put those on my VR '06 two and a half years ago and still look like I just finished putting them on.

The key is the preparation. You must thoroughly clean the area getting all old wax and anything else on there totally off. Then you want to apply heat to both the surface and to the adhesive on the back of the letters with a hair dryer. Then firmly press each letter into place. That worked for me.

Let us know how it goes.

Get notified of new replies

To Peel & Stick Accessories

Quick Reply: Peel & Stick Accessories