C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car fogging

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 11:42 PM
mbullins22
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car fogging

Just wondering why, but I notice a lot in the cool mornings I pull my 2005 c6 out of the garage and the complete body covers in dew/fog randomly then goes away then comes back. This morning I noticed it would cover in fog on hill tops then would go away in the valleys. The whole body even the side mirrors . It did this about 4 times on my way to work today. Also ever since I have owned the car my windshield fogs all the time any temperature. I seen to have to use my defrost even in the summer with my windows down or not. Any answers???
Old 10-29-2014, 09:18 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Most of what you describe has to do with the moisture in the air but on the otherhand you mention your windshield fogs up frequently? You don't describe the car you have, its age or anything else but cars that have heater cores that leak will fog up the windshield. Not saying this is what you have but we have almost no info to go on.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:29 AM
mbullins22
Intermediate

Its a 2005 standard c6 with 80k miles. The heater core seems OK. The ac and heat all works great and as soon as I turn defrost on it goes away windshield wise. Floorboards are dry also. But the body fogging is just different to me. Maybe its just I have never owned a fiberglass car before haha
Old 10-29-2014, 06:47 PM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Your first post makes it sound like the car has water drops all over the exterior under some conditions. That's just condensation form high humidity and temperature changes. Nothing to do with the heater/defroster.

The moisture on the INSIDE of the windshield could be condensation but it sounds like you have more problems. Even on drydays with the windows down? You must have moisture leaking into the heater box.

Time to have it looked at by a pro.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:20 PM
mbullins22
Intermediate

The last part about the windshield yes I may have some issues that's got to be looked at. The outside of the car tho is a solid fog haze like like your windshield would do. The body will go from completely clean and dry to a dull haze. I'm guessing humidity change or something yes. Its just odd

Get notified of new replies

To car fogging

Quick Reply: car fogging