C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about cd player

Old 11-10-2014, 04:16 PM
corvettebob54
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about cd player

I have a 2011 gs vert 4 lt package Bose system with navigation single cd.It seems like the cd has to be almost free of scratches to play other wise it skips. Also on accation I get disk error or no cd when there is really one in the changer. Are these that sensitve or have I got a problem .Heavily scratched cd;s wont even play. All imput greatly appreciated.Bob.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:22 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

The laser lens is probably dusty. Some compressed air in the CD slot will probably fix it. It fixed mine when I had the same problem.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:42 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 434 Likes on 371 Posts

A Vert is a fairly dusty environment for a CD player. Mine got to where it would skip often and actually end some songs early and move on to the next one. It is likely dust on the laser lens.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:19 AM
Stockcar Axeman
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's the CD player. I had an 07 and now a 12 GS and they both have the nav system and both of the CD players would skip on CDs that were in great shape with no problem playing on other CD players. I had 2 brand new discs skip the first time out so it will be getting replaced in the future.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:39 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
The laser lens is probably dusty. Some compressed air in the CD slot will probably fix it. It fixed mine when I had the same problem.
Dirty lens. Just using it every time I drive keeps mine pretty clean but a shot of air occasionally never hurts. My experience is the nav head unit in this car is as good at reading CDs as any other car I've driven.

Get notified of new replies

To Question about cd player

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question about cd player