C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Control Service light (Normal)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 10:57 PM
danapier
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Traction Control Service light (Normal)

My 09 z06 will light up the 'traction control service needed' if any hard braking or if any wheel spin. Get on it on an onramp that is curved. The "Service Traction Control System" will stay on until the car is re-started. GM tells me this is normal. Does anybody else see this? I have some problem thinking that this is 'NORMAL' behavior, since any use of the traction control will require that I re-start the car. Did Bill Gates buy GM and I did not hear about it?
Old 11-10-2014, 11:49 PM
debo
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not sure if it's normal, but I've had my 'service traction control system' light come on also after hard acceleration and off after restart. Maybe someone else have the answer.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:19 AM
v26278
Melting Slicks

Received 147 Likes on 93 Posts

That is not normal. Next time you get that message, before you turn the car off get a scan tool hooked up and see what fault code is being triggered. It could be a wheel speed sensor acting up, or it could be something else.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:30 AM
slimjimp
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by danapier
My 09 z06 will light up the 'traction control service needed' if any hard braking or if any wheel spin. Get on it on an onramp that is curved. The "Service Traction Control System" will stay on until the car is re-started. GM tells me this is normal. Does anybody else see this? I have some problem thinking that this is 'NORMAL' behavior, since any use of the traction control will require that I re-start the car. Did Bill Gates buy GM and I did not hear about it?
Check your brake fluid. My 08 gave the same message along with "check brake fluid", although the manual cautions that low brake fluid may be an indication of another problem.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:50 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Definitely not normal. Who at GM tells you this is normal? Whoever it is should never be consulted again. Sounds like a dealer who is too lazy to find an intermittent and is waiting for a warranty to expire when suddenly this will become far more important to them.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:26 AM
RJS91RGTP
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Traction control service light

The issue is not normal. The problem is from a bad wheel position sensor. The repair runs about $200 and needs to be done by dealer. I had the same issue on my coupe. I hope this information helps good luck!!

RJ

Get notified of new replies

To Traction Control Service light (Normal)

Quick Reply: Traction Control Service light (Normal)