C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removed rearview mirror pulled cables?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 02:58 PM
david2613d
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removed rearview mirror pulled cables?

hey guys,

I recently removed my rearview mirror cause it was wobbly, now I noticed I pulled some wires by accident, anyone know what these are? or how I can reconnect them.

cheers

Picture

[/url]
Old 11-18-2014, 06:31 PM
hawkandersonjr
Burning Brakes

Location: US-ARMY 1974-1996 Retired ; Oklahoma, City ; Atlanta, Ga: Hephzibah, Ga
Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

I have an 05 and I was working on my wobbly mirror last weekend but mine does not have any wires coming out like that. The only wires I have is the one that have a plug on the end that connects to the back of the mirror. I'm guessing the wire was there to stop the mirror from wobbling. Trust me I have tried everything to fix the wobbly mirror (Except the wire) and short of buying a new one. Some one got the correct answer on this forum hold on. Not only do mines wobble it also drops down because two of the four plastic prongs where the ball fits into the socket are broken.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:06 AM
david2613d
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol dude.. this wire is not here to stop my mirror from wobbling...

To stop the mirror from wobbling you need to straighten the pins that hold the entire mirror assembly to the glass. If u need more help let me know.

Anyways, i think the wires i yanked are for auto dimming?

Get notified of new replies

To removed rearview mirror pulled cables?

Quick Reply: removed rearview mirror pulled cables?