C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Records

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Gizmo1302
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Service Records

Good evening to all and best wishes for the holidays. I sold my C3 and am currently looking at a 2007 base model 24000miles, out of state. My question is about how to define service records. On many reports besides this particular car, the carfax records list service to one or all these items:
Steering/suspension checked
Driveability/performance checked
Body electrical system checked
Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
When the carfax lists these items are they routine maintenance or actual complaints by the owner of problems to the vehicle? This particular car had these items listed but on a few searches I have noticed the electrical system check as a common item. Has anyone else experienced this when searching for a used Corvette and how has it factored in your decision? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:17 PM
v26278
Melting Slicks

Received 147 Likes on 93 Posts

A GM VIS report will list the warranty claim history. Any dealer can provide one, but some dealers will only produce one at the request of the registered owner, so you can always ask them to get a copy for you. Also, if the vehicle was serviced at a Chevy dealer that dealer would have a history of all work, warranty or not.

An "electrical system check" is pretty vague, if any actual warranty work was done, the VIS report should be a little more specific as to what was actually done though it will still be a brief description.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:33 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

All sounds like routine checks during service. Agree with the prior if any complaints, it would list the fix.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:02 PM
Gizmo1302
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 6GenVettes
All sounds like routine checks during service. Agree with the prior if any complaints, it would list the fix.
I agree with you, there have been other reports that list the repairs that have been done. But since many dealers just care for the sale,I wanted to ask the community and get re assurance. I am going to try and get more information (history) from the dealer who is selling the car and hopefully he will cooperate and help out with my decision. Thank you for your thoughts.

Get notified of new replies

To Service Records

Quick Reply: Service Records