C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 01:09 PM
slammer1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Adjustment

I own an 08 corvette coupe that is having some "odd" window issues. When the door shuts and the window indexes, the top front corner sometimes goes to the outside portion of the window track on the targa top. The window stops and does not continue to go up any further. I then open the door and shut it again and it works fine. It is weird that it seems to usually do this after the car sits awhile and then usually does it on the first time getting in the car. It very rarely does this again after I drive it awhile but once again, it usually does it when sitting a few days.

I have removed both the red lens towards the bottom back of the door panel along with the rubber boot at the very bottom of the door towards the front and adjusted them to tip it back more to the inside but that really doesn't seem to help much. I have tilted it towards the inside cabin as far as the adjustment would allow.

I have also bought the GM product that stops the squeaks on the rubber gaskets of the targa roof panel thinking that this extra lubricant would let it slide past the track but this did not help either.

Btw, I bought the lubricant to actually stop the roof panel from squeaking but I thought I could kill two birds with one stone.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:18 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Read through this discussion to get some ideas. Post back with results.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ws-height.html

Quick Reply: Window Adjustment