C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Base C6 GM Susp Upgrade - C6 Z51 Sway Bars - C6 Z06 Shocks - At CULTRAG Performance!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 10:43 AM
unixcorn
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Gene Culley
Thank you for the order. The difference will definitely be noticeable. Let us know your thoughts after the install.
I just checked Fedex Tracking and it says the new sway bars will be here tomorrow. That's faster than you quoted. Thank you! I will let everyone know how they work once I get them installed.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:09 AM
patrickt
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by unixcorn
I just checked Fedex Tracking and it says the new sway bars will be here tomorrow. That's faster than you quoted. Thank you! I will let everyone know how they work once I get them installed.
Thank you very much for your purchase!
Order Your GM Parts at www.CULTRAGfactoryparts.com
patrick@cultragperformance.com
1-484-334-8833
Old 05-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Pegan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed my new shocks and sways last week. The difference was night and day. Awesome inexpensive upgrade for a base C6.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Gene Culley

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Beetroot
I installed my new shocks and sways last week. The difference was night and day. Awesome inexpensive upgrade for a base C6.
Thank you for your business and positive feedback. This kit does what we say it does and it is the best bang for the buck

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Old 06-05-2016, 08:02 AM
patrickt

The memorial day sale is over but thank you all for your orders and patronage. IT is greatly appreciated and thank you again to our brave service members for all you do and the risks and sacrifices you take every day.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:18 AM
patrickt

Don't forget through midnight tonight use promo code july4th2016 to get an additional 10% off!
Old 07-07-2016, 09:19 AM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 265 Posts

Gene, I installed the ZO6 shock conversion on my "base" coupe along with a ZO6 rear spring.
(4 wheel alignment as well)
This really changed the ride, very nice.
Next will be the ZR1 sway bars.
Thanks Gene !
Old 07-07-2016, 09:24 AM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Oh heck,
July4th2016
Promo code expired....
Old 07-10-2016, 02:03 AM
patrickt

Originally Posted by choppychop
Gene, I installed the ZO6 shock conversion on my "base" coupe along with a ZO6 rear spring.
(4 wheel alignment as well)
This really changed the ride, very nice.
Next will be the ZR1 sway bars.
Thanks Gene !
Thank you very much for your order and feedback. I do want to say that unless you have done a wide body and are running a 325 rear tire the zR1 bars may not give you the desired result and the largest we would recommend are the z51's
Old 07-10-2016, 03:25 PM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by patrickt
Thank you very much for your order and feedback. I do want to say that unless you have done a wide body and are running a 325 rear tire the zR1 bars may not give you the desired result and the largest we would recommend are the z51's
Good info...
Yes I did wide body... Runnin 345's
Thx Gene
Old 08-03-2016, 07:00 AM
unixcorn
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I have had my new sway bars for a couple of months. I was finally able to get them installed yesterday. The difference is surreal. My base vert feels like my previous Grand Sport now in the turns. What a great mod at a great price!
Old 08-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Gene Culley

I have had my new sway bars for a couple of months. I was finally able to get them installed yesterday. The difference is surreal. My base vert feels like my previous Grand Sport now in the turns. What a great mod at a great price!
Thank you for your business and for the positive feedback.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:03 AM
ClashBandicoot
Instructor

Hi Cultrag Performance,

I purchased my base LS3 Corvette last year, not knowing the options packages etc. Suffice to say, the suspension sucks and needs to be firmed up!

If i was to start with the sway bars, are they hard to install? I have your typical set of garage tools, jacks, impact guns, etc. I did the headers and exhaust/intake on my car thus so far and now would like to improve the suspension a bit.

Car only has 36k miles so not sure i would replace the shocks at this point in time, given i probably couldn't do that myself.

Pros/Cons of each?
Old 08-09-2016, 05:25 PM
unixcorn
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ClashBandicoot
Hi Cultrag Performance,

I purchased my base LS3 Corvette last year, not knowing the options packages etc. Suffice to say, the suspension sucks and needs to be firmed up!

If i was to start with the sway bars, are they hard to install? I have your typical set of garage tools, jacks, impact guns, etc. I did the headers and exhaust/intake on my car thus so far and now would like to improve the suspension a bit.

Car only has 36k miles so not sure i would replace the shocks at this point in time, given i probably couldn't do that myself.

Pros/Cons of each?
I have an 08 Base C6 Convertible. It does not have the Z51 suspension option. I purchased a set of the GS/Z06 sway bars above in April and finally got around to installing them last week and the difference is like night and day.

My mechanic friend who helped install them said "now it feels like your Gran Sport did" after he took it for a drive. I concur with his assessment. While I am still enjoying the more compliant ride of the base suspension, the body roll is gone. The new sway bars are much thicker compared to stock. All in all, I give the sway bars a ten out of ten for most bang for your mod buck.

As far as installation goes, it was about three hours while on the lift. It was straightforward but required some wrench sizes (metric) we lacked for the end links.
The following users liked this post:
ClashBandicoot (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 05:40 PM
ClashBandicoot
Instructor

I have an 08 Base C6 Convertible. It does not have the Z51 suspension option. I purchased a set of the GS/Z06 sway bars above in April and finally got around to installing them last week and the difference is like night and day.

My mechanic friend who helped install them said "now it feels like your Gran Sport did" after he took it for a drive. I concur with his assessment. While I am still enjoying the more compliant ride of the base suspension, the body roll is gone. The new sway bars are much thicker compared to stock. All in all, I give the sway bars a ten out of ten for most bang for your mod buck.

As far as installation goes, it was about three hours while on the lift. It was straightforward but required some wrench sizes (metric) we lacked for the end links.
Appreciate your feedback! This is a HUGE help in swaying (no pun intented) me to buy these.

Glad to hear your car is working well now! huge improvement.

So the install was 3 hours at a local shop? Can you do it yourself? Did you have a midas or mineke do it? Can you do the install yourself?
Old 08-10-2016, 09:18 PM
Gene Culley

Originally Posted by ClashBandicoot
Appreciate your feedback! This is a HUGE help in swaying (no pun intented) me to buy these.

Glad to hear your car is working well now! huge improvement.

So the install was 3 hours at a local shop? Can you do it yourself? Did you have a midas or mineke do it? Can you do the install yourself?
There are a ton of install threads here on the forum. Please do your homework on the install.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:29 PM
Gene Culley

Greetings Customers & Friends,

Are you ready for Labor Day weekend? We are and we have received multiple requests asking for another sale or promotion. We hope you all have your shopping lists ready as we’re ready to deliver.

As we have pointed out in the past, we sell many items for cost, including accessories for all GM vehicles. This is your opportunity to take advantage and purchase these items below our cost and get awesome pricing on everything else.

In celebration of the Labor Day holiday we’re taking 10% off orders over $100 on our website, www.cultragfactoryparts.com, using promotional code laborday2016.

If you haven’t already signed up for our newsletter or emails on our website, please do so. We announced a couple of weeks ago through our email blast that we would be having a sale for Labor Day weekend. Sign up to receive our emails with no obligations and you can cancel receiving them at any time! We do not hold you or your email address hostage, LOL!

It is always a good idea to check out our eBay store on a regular basis at http://stores.ebay.com/cultragperformance. We’re always adding new products and high resolution photos of our products.

Like us Facebook, facebook.com/cultragperformance or follow us on Twitter, @CULTRAG.

The sale will run from 12:00 AM EST Friday September 2nd through Monday September 5th at 11:59 PM EST. The promotional code is good for orders placed only on the website through the dates and times listed and is only good for anything that can be ordered on the website. Any orders placed before or after these dates and times do not qualify for the promotional code. Feel free to send us an email, customer.service@cultragfactoryparts.com, if you need any assistance with your website orders.

Thank you,
Gene & Patrick.

Get notified of new replies

To Base C6 GM Susp Upgrade - C6 Z51 Sway Bars - C6 Z06 Shocks - At CULTRAG Performance!

Old 09-03-2016, 12:05 AM
patrickt

Everyone at CULTRAG Performance wishes you all a safe and happy Labor day!
Old 09-03-2016, 02:19 AM
Peterk760
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a 2008 convertible with slightly tired shocks (nearly 80,000 miles)
what is the rebound and compression of the ZO6 vs the stock shocks I have?
Thanks in advance, Peter
Old 09-03-2016, 01:48 PM
patrickt

Originally Posted by Peterk760
Got a 2008 convertible with slightly tired shocks (nearly 80,000 miles)
what is the rebound and compression of the ZO6 vs the stock shocks I have?
Thanks in advance, Peter
We do not have specifics as GM does not release the numbers (to make it harder for the aftermarket to copy them) and have no way of measuring them. But if you have the base FE1 soft ride then these will be a night and day difference really firming up the ride and get rid of the "boat like" feeling

Quick Reply: Base C6 GM Susp Upgrade - C6 Z51 Sway Bars - C6 Z06 Shocks - At CULTRAG Performance!