C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 04:15 PM
RedC6Jezybel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 05 Questions

I have a 2005 with about 47,000 miles on it. I have a couple of questions some of you might be able to give me an opinion on.

first - How do you feel about changing spark plugs, clutch, break, power steering, coolant, and other fluids since the car is now 10 years old? (E3 plugs???) It runs great and I have no problems.

Second - I have to get new tires since the inside edge of my front tires are gone. I have decided on the Michelin Pilots. Does anyone have the chart I saw a couple of years ago that shows the alternative alignment numbers to help preserve the inside edges of the front tires. I do not race or track my car and would like to save the front tires.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!!!!
Old 01-15-2015, 04:36 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

GM says change the air cleaner every 50K, plugs @ 100K, engine coolant @ 150K or once every 5 years.

Eliminate inside front tire wear by setting toe to 0.0.

Pure Street

Front
Camber -0.8deg
Caster 8.0deg
Toe 0.0in

Rear
Camber -0.5deg
Toe 0.0in
Old 01-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

I have an 05 too and similar miles, after it comes out from storage all the fluids will be changed this year. I think every 5 years fluids should be changed, it's expensive, but it cant hurt. I think the plugs should be fine though.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:06 PM
acesx4
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Old 01-15-2015, 09:16 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

Only thing I would even consider to change is the coolant. Spark plugs dont get old. Clutch fluid should be changed regularly, not every 10 years. Just my opinion, but just because its 10 years old, those things just dont go bad. I change my clutch fluid every couple of hundred miles. Only takes a few minutes and cheap.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:22 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by RedC6Jezybel
I have a 2005 with about 47,000 miles on it. I have a couple of questions some of you might be able to give me an opinion on.

first - How do you feel about changing spark plugs, clutch, break, power steering, coolant, and other fluids since the car is now 10 years old? (E3 plugs???) It runs great and I have no problems.

Second - I have to get new tires since the inside edge of my front tires are gone. I have decided on the Michelin Pilots. Does anyone have the chart I saw a couple of years ago that shows the alternative alignment numbers to help preserve the inside edges of the front tires. I do not race or track my car and would like to save the front tires.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!!!!
Follow the owners manual. Most of that stuff is not due for awhile. Like others have said the coolant should be changed every five years and clutch fluid often. I do mine every few months.

Get notified of new replies

To 05 Questions

Quick Reply: 05 Questions