C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Convertible Wind Screen/Restrictors

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Jermo
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts

Default C6 Convertible Wind Screen/Restrictors

I have been thinking on purchasing a wind screen/restrictor for our 05 convertible. Are they worth the money? Do they work? Any advice is welcome.
Thanks
Jerry
Old 01-30-2015, 10:45 PM
cochon454
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jermo
I have been thinking on purchasing a wind screen/restrictor for our 05 convertible. Are they worth the money? Do they work? Any advice is welcome.
Thanks
Jerry
I have the gm style with the fine screen it works pretty good, you have to remove it when the top is up, they make one that is lexan that can by left on with the top up.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:55 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Meh!

If you bought a convertible, don't be afraid to put the top AND the windows down; just enjoy it.

Turn the heat and seats on or AC on to make yourself comfortable, but don't be the guy who has the windows up or the deflector in place. Go all in or put the top back up.

Don't forget the sunscreen.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:23 PM
JerryC5
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 79 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

I have the WindRestrictor, and I love it. My wife and I will take long trips ( 5000 or so miles) and we always have the top down unless its raining hard.

The Wind Restrictor does a great job of reducing wind noise and buffeting. With out it, you can't hear the radio at highway speeds. With it, you can talk instead of shout to your passenger. Even better with the side windows up.

To heck with those people who rag on you because your side windows are up. They probably haven't done 5 to 6000 miles with the top down at 70+ mph.

I believe it makes the car a much better long distance cruiser. In my old C5, a long trip would buffet you so much that your hair hurt. That's why I got the Windrestrictor for my C6.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:55 PM
rsparks64
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 160 Posts

I am considering that myself, but there is also a smallscreen that sits on top of the widnshield. Has anyone tried that?

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Convertible Wind Screen/Restrictors

Quick Reply: C6 Convertible Wind Screen/Restrictors