C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bluetooth music thru my radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 11:05 AM
Fun2Day
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bluetooth music thru my radio

I have a 2009 Corvette with xm radio and nav. So many people are playing their music from their phones thru bluetooth into the car system. I know I can buy an adapter and plug my phone in, but I don't want to do that.
Can anyone tell me if I can play my phone music thru the radio system, if so how.
Thanks
fun2day2001@gmail.com
Old 02-17-2015, 12:14 PM
rwsinky
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fun2Day
I have a 2009 Corvette with xm radio and nav. So many people are playing their music from their phones thru bluetooth into the car system. I know I can buy an adapter and plug my phone in, but I don't want to do that.
Can anyone tell me if I can play my phone music thru the radio system, if so how.
Thanks
fun2day2001@gmail.com
Look on Amazon at the Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack. Assuming your car has the Aux Input jack you should be all set. I use this in my C6 with my IPhone 6. Plug it in, pair it and you are good.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:31 PM
b0xm0ns73r
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rwsinky
Look on Amazon at the Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack. Assuming your car has the Aux Input jack you should be all set. I use this in my C6 with my IPhone 6. Plug it in, pair it and you are good.

I use one in my C6 and my FJ Cruiser.......they work VERY well

I know it isn't the exact answer you want......as it isn't totally wireless, but it does get the job done, and well.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:45 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Read through THIS thread.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:48 PM
GuruGuy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks
fun2day2001@gmail.com
I have a 2008 with NAV, and do not have an AUX input. Not sure about the 2009. Do you have an AUX input? Without an adapter there is no way you can play your music on your phone.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:06 PM
vara411
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I know everyone is going to recommend the Kinovo setup, but I've tried it already and may have an easier solution for you: the
<b>Jabra Freeway</b> Jabra Freeway

Here's my reasoning. I just installed a 2013 factory nav unit in my 2008 coupe and got the center console complete with USB and AUX inputs. Per everyone's suggestion I bought the KINOVO BTC450. HOWEVER...... the Kinovo had a major flaw: if I had my radio set to any other mode other than AUX mode, I would miss phone calls and texts because the notifications are only audible when you are in AUX mode. Plus, it had an annoying hum I couldn't get rid of...

So I got the Jabra Freeway and haven't looked back. Several things make it a no-brainer for me:

1) By default, the Jabra functions independently from your radio... so you'll still hear notifications of an incoming call or text even if you're listening to, say, XM radio or a CD.

2) The Jabra has an FM radio transmitter. When you want, you can hear your music through your car's speakers through any FM radio frequency you choose (these can be changed easily). I've had other FM transmitter setups and they sucked. This one, however, makes a clear signal with very good sound quality.

3) Easy, easy install. Just put it on your visor. It fits nicely on the left side of the driver's visor and no, does not obstruct your view at all. (I'm 6'3")

4) Ridiculously good battery life. It also has a micro-USB and comes with a car charger.

5) Motion sensor. If you are running lots of errands and will be in and out of your car, you don't have to remember to turn the thing on and off. It has a built-in sensor that detects when you get in the car, and automatically connects to your phone. Very nifty.

6) Loud and clear. My wife tells me I sound great with it and was able to have a conversation with me even with the top off the car. The speakers are also excellent... plenty strong enough to hear conversations clearly and good enough to play things like podcasts if you'd rather not play it through your car's speakers.

7) You can talk to Siri/Google Now/Cortana (depending on which cell phone you have... I have Windows Phone)... here, performance is only so-so, but works if you're persistent. I'm not sure how much of it is my phone vs. the Jabra. The Kinovo does seem to have slightly better performance here. My city has a no-texting ordinance so I have to rely on this feature a lot to send text messages. It gets my commands right on the first try maybe 60% of the time.

So yeah... Jabra Freeway. I'm a fan. There are a few other setups that include FM transmitters, but reviews were mixed. I'm glad I chose this one. Good luck!

Last edited by vara411; 02-17-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:58 PM
Fun2Day
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GuruGuy
I have a 2008 with NAV, and do not have an AUX input. Not sure about the 2009. Do you have an AUX input? Without an adapter there is no way you can play your music on your phone.
This may sound strange, but I don't think I have a AUX input, as there is nothing on the screen giving me that option.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:31 PM
mhatton222
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

This may sound strange, but I don't think I have a AUX input, as there is nothing on the screen giving me that option.
To be completely wireless and avoid clutter of extra devices, consider changing out your head unit. Best thing I ever did- play my music wirelessly whether from a music stream service like Spotify or Pandora and also directly from music stored on my IPhone. Get with Dennis at Double D Mods- he has package deals that include all you need for a plug and play install. Great prices and great support.

Get notified of new replies

To bluetooth music thru my radio

Quick Reply: bluetooth music thru my radio