C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eagle Eye taillights ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 01:00 PM
Lew Shaw
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Eagle Eye taillights ???

Has anyone installed the Eagle Eye taillights WITH blackout covers? If so are those lights any brighter than stock lights with blackout covers?
Thanks!
Lew Shaw
Old 02-26-2015, 03:19 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Lew Shaw
Has anyone installed the Eagle Eye taillights WITH blackout covers? If so are those lights any brighter than stock lights with blackout covers?
Thanks!
Lew Shaw
The Eagle Eyes LED tail lights are much brighter than OEM stock lights, and they remain brighter than OEM with a similar blackout cover.

I will add that when you add tinting or any type of blackout cover to an LED tail light, you do loose some brightness as you get further off axis from directly behind the car. IE, if you stand off to the side by 45 degrees, the individual led lights are less visible, although the overall brightness (especially at night) is still there.

This is with just the lights on, NOT with the brakes applied. These are tinted, NOT with blackout covers.

Last edited by ncvette_1FUNRIDE; 02-26-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:29 PM
Lew Shaw
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you, this is just the kind of information I was wanting. You have a beautiful car!

QUOTE=ncvette_1FUNRIDE;1589057067]The Eagle Eyes LED tail lights are much brighter than OEM stock lights, and they remain brighter than OEM with a similar blackout cover.

I will add that when you add tinting or any type of blackout cover to an LED tail light, you do loose some brightness as you get further off axis from directly behind the car. IE, if you stand off to the side by 45 degrees, the individual led lights are less visible, although the overall brightness (especially at night) is still there.

This is with just the lights on, NOT with the brakes applied. These are tinted, NOT with blackout covers.

[/QUOTE]
Old 02-26-2015, 03:38 PM
1 kool c6
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have been wanting to put these on my car.. Thought i could pick up a used set from someone going to the c7. Were did u get the best price? thanks
Old 02-26-2015, 03:52 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 1 kool c6
have been wanting to put these on my car.. Thought i could pick up a used set from someone going to the c7. Were did u get the best price? thanks
I've have bought several sets of these (trying different tints and such) over the last 3-4 years.

The first set I bought, I got off of Ebay for $270 shipped. I have bought several other sets from JW Motoring. He has very good prices and GREAT customer service.

You might be able to find them slightly cheaper (by a few bucks) somewhere else if you search hard but if there is ANY problem Jhonathan stands behind everything he sells.

Prices vary depending on whether you want them tinted or not and sometimes you can find them on sale. Around $270-300 is a decent price but tinting will run you more.

All of the circular LED tail lights that I have ever seen are made by the same manufacturer (Eagle Eyes).

It is possible that some LED lights on Ebay may be 'irregulars' (with slight flaws), but they also may be just fine. The first set I bought off of Ebay are still working 3 years later.

I just like buying from JW Motoring because if there is any problems Jhonathan will make it right.

FYI - I have seen vendors asking $400 for regular red LED tail lights - WAY overpriced.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:06 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

I am currently trying JW Motoring's "JWM RED" led tail lights. Slightly darker tinted than regular red LED tail lights.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:36 PM
MGretz70
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lew Shaw
Thanks!
Lew Shaw
To answer your question, The Eagle Eyes without blackouts or tint are very bright, much brighter than stock, typically thats why most people tint them because they are so bright

Best place to get them is eBay. $230
Old 02-26-2015, 06:38 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,887 Likes on 1,910 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I would not recommend the blackout covers. I tried them in 07......2 fell off in the summer heat and 2 rubbed the paint a bit after they sagged down into contact with the body.

I went with stock tinted lights till last year when I changed over to JWMotoring tinted LEDs. Love them. Brighter both day and night than my stock lights (which were pretty bright).

Get notified of new replies

To Eagle Eye taillights ???

Quick Reply: Eagle Eye taillights ???