C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablosport Handheld Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 10:46 AM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Default Diablosport Handheld Tuners

I just recently bought a bone stock 2008 base coupe. While looking at C6 sections on this forum, I went into the Scan and Tune section and found that the Diablosport tuners were pretty popular. I researched the section quite a bit and found a custom tuner that got a lot of praise. I contacted him, asked some questions, went to the Diablosport website and researched their products and figured out which one I wanted. The custom tuner mentioned that he was a dealer for Diablosports and he had a package deal to buy the tuner of choice and his custom tune service. That's what I did and am currently awaiting delivery of the tuner.

Going back to the Diablosport website, I started looking at their forums to see what was going on and to look for problems others have previously encountered. I ran across one thread where a guy had bought a tuner from a company that apparently was an unauthorized dealer. He had some problems with the tuner and was questioning Diablosport for some support. They apparently didn't provide the support because he bought the unit from an unauthorized dealer. That dealer had violated pricing regulations imposed by Diablosport. I don't have a problem with Diablosport placing a dealer on the blacklist for not following their purchase agreement. Many national companies have similar purchase agreements. In the forum reply from Diablosport, they mentioned their unauthorized dealer list. I had not seen that list when I researched their website previously but I went back to their website and sure enough, it was in the COMPANY drop down menu. It's also on their homepage down at the bottom. My bust for not seeing it when I first went to their website.

While looking at the list, I ran across a name that I recognized as a CF vendor. I went to the CF vendor list and pulled up that vendor and it is listed as a Platinum vendor. I went to the vendor's website and they do indeed sell many Diablosport products. I don't know why this vendor would continue to sell Diablosport products when they are not an authorized dealer. If I as a CF member were to buy a product from a supporting vendor only to find out I could not get manufacturer support on that product, I would not be a happy camper.

This was a lesson learned type of thing. Luckily I bought from an authorized dealer. So, if you are going to buy a Diablosport product, check out their unauthorized dealer list prior to any purchase. I guess that could go for anything that you buy on the internet. Check out the manufacturer's websites and see if they have an unauthorized dealer list. I certainly did not know these lists existed. Now I do.

The reason I placed this post in the General section is because there a lot more viewers here. This posting is not to shed bad light on Diablosport or the supporting vendor. It it here to protect the CF member.

Last edited by PDsVettes; 02-27-2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Disclaimer at bottom of their homepage.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:43 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

I bought mine from a CF sponsor and licensed dealer. Great price that I doubt any "bad" reseller could beat. Very happy with the unit, and the dealer I bought it from made it go as smooth as silk. No reason to go off the list.

Quick Reply: Diablosport Handheld Tuners