C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What color C6 will stand up to weather/sun the best?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:22 AM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
In sail covers, we found blue worked best against fade. My guess is white and silver would be equal with black the worst.

My serious suggestion is that if you are parking all day, get a cover. I always covered one of my cars when I parked it for hours. After three years, a had a door damaged by a shopping cart. The body shop said they'd not be able to match the paint perfectly due to the car being 3 years old but the paint did match perfectly after all due to the cover being on when parked.

i have a cover for my C6 which rolls up to be as small as a light sleeping bag. No issue to cart around.
Covers are a total PitA to put on though, especially if there's any amount of wind, or it's raining. Of course, if it's a Vette it wouldn't be out in the rain ....

I bought a top of the line outdoor 5 layer cover for my Subaru that sits outside and I rarely use it because it's so heavy and very difficult to put on. Can't even tell the front from the back Of course, I may just be klutzy ...
Old 03-03-2015, 11:31 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketDawg
Covers are a total PitA to put on though, especially if there's any amount of wind, or it's raining. Of course, if it's a Vette it wouldn't be out in the rain .... :

I bought a top of the line outdoor 5 layer cover for my Subaru that sits outside and I rarely use it because it's so heavy and very difficult to put on. Can't even tell the front from the back :: Of course, I may just be ...
The cover should have grommets on the sides to allow a tie down. Tie a ribbon to the driver side grommet and you'll never have a front / back issue again.

I have a C6 cover which weighs maybe 2 lbs. It does the job and goes on almost instantly.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:50 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

All refrigerators I've seen have had black wheels.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:56 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketDawg
Covers are a total PitA to put on though, especially if there's any amount of wind, or it's raining. Of course, if it's a Vette it wouldn't be out in the rain ....

I bought a top of the line outdoor 5 layer cover for my Subaru that sits outside and I rarely use it because it's so heavy and very difficult to put on. Can't even tell the front from the back Of course, I may just be klutzy ...
No you ain't klutzy...your spot on. ive known quite a few people that were gonna do the cover at work everyday thing and it lasted about 2 weeks at most. Its a total pain in the butt. Now I'm gonna be the real bad guy here, and since no one else has said it I can't help myself.....I'd rather have a slightly faded black or red Corvette than a white one with perfect paint !!! White is for work trucks and vans....LOL.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

All refrigerators I've seen have had black wheels.
That's not funny. Making fun of a wheel minority. Shame on you!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by JCDenton
Although I will garage the car at home, unfortunately my office building does not have a parking garage, so the car will be parked outside during the day. I live in Texas so the summers are hot. What color will stay looking the best after a few years of that?

Not Orange, look how my wifes Vette has faded!
Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2015, 08:53 PM
bobeast
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameister
Unfortunately, it's also the slowest color because it's used on refrigerators.
oh....here we go....
Old 03-04-2015, 12:35 AM
whit1
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Pretty simple as others have said. If your going to spend good $$ on a car then Wax it regularly. If ur too lazy to. Pay someone to wax it. Otherwise by a Honda.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:08 AM
Z-ZANY
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

plasti coat it. Ten yrs later peel off. brand new again.

Quick Reply: What color C6 will stand up to weather/sun the best?