C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worried about harmonic balancer.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 12:38 AM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC
If it worries you, fix it.

I personally did my own with a Jegg's balancer...

Within the next couple of minutes all the ATI guys will post.
same here replaced it with a Jegs 10% overdrive 8 rib damper and pinned the crank.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:07 AM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by airmed2
I'm a think'n this was "tongue and cheek." Gary???
NO he was serious, he read ALL the HORROR stories about WOBBLE what a minute as I remember, I've NEVER heard anything bad happening just that I have wobble and squeak, and that goes away when it warms up.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:27 AM
GuyFromLeMans
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CMY SIX
NO he was serious, he read ALL the HORROR stories about WOBBLE what a minute as I remember, I've NEVER heard anything bad happening just that I have wobble and squeak, and that goes away when it warms up.
Why I'll be damned!!!!! And all this time we've been talking about a non issue!.... aren't we just a bunch a dumb idiots I tell ya....

FOLKS: IT GOES AWAY WHEN IT WARMS UP DAMN IT!!! STOP MAKING CRAP OUT OF NOTHING WILL YA?!!!

Oh and also, stop worrying about your appetite loss, weight loss and body aches, you can still walk right? Can't be an issue then.

Last edited by GuyFromLeMans; 03-06-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:37 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyFromLeMans
Why I'll be damned!!!!! And all this time we've been talking about a non issue!.... aren't we just a bunch a dumb idiots I tell ya....

FOLKS: IT GOES AWAY WHEN IT WARMS UP DAMN IT!!! STOP MAKING CRAP OUT OF NOTHING WILL YA?!!!

Oh and also, stop worrying about your appetite loss, weight loss and body aches, you can still walk right? Can't be an issue then.

HUM.....not sure if this post is suggesting that a wobbling HB is something to worry about, or not to worry about. Interesting. The piston slap in my old Ford went away when it warmed up to.....but I still don't think that piston slap is OK to have.....LOL
Old 03-06-2015, 01:07 PM
steam438
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
HUM.....not sure if this post is suggesting that a wobbling HB is something to worry about, or not to worry about. Interesting. The piston slap in my old Ford went away when it warmed up to.....but I still don't think that piston slap is OK to have.....LOL
Just had mine replaced last week and it was covered under factory warranty, I have 10k on my GS.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:21 PM
GuyFromLeMans
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
It was humor... as in the posted under my text.
Ah.... the online fun!

So to clarify, as there seems to be a need, the statement quoted in my post is so out of touch with reality that I couldn't find anything serious to type in response.
Yet, I wanted to type something. Sometimes non sense, when pushed to some limit, has a fascinating effect on me. I feel drawn, it becomes almost irresistible. I have to leave a note, just to show my appreciation.

To sum it up: One might succeed in convincing a few here (and maybe even many who knows?) that a wobbling HB is OK, or even better, that a wobbling AND squealing HB is OK, but one would not succeed in convincing me. Even if the squealing goes away with a warmed up engine.

Last edited by GuyFromLeMans; 03-06-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:24 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by CMY SIX
Now you have. Read what happened to WarDriver.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1578405998
Old 03-06-2015, 06:03 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyFromLeMans
It was humor... as in the posted under my text.
Ah.... the online fun!

So to clarify, as there seems to be a need, the statement quoted in my post is so out of touch with reality that I couldn't find anything serious to type in response.
Yet, I wanted to type something. Sometimes non sense, when pushed to some limit, has a fascinating effect on me. I feel drawn, it becomes almost irresistible. I have to leave a note, just to show my appreciation.

To sum it up: One might succeed in convincing a few here (and maybe even many who knows?) that a wobbling HB is OK, or even better, that a wobbling AND squealing HB is OK, but one would not succeed in convincing me. Even if the squealing goes away with a warmed up engine.
Well thanks for clarifying all that.....I think.....LOL. You definitely typed some good "Non Sense".

Quick Reply: Worried about harmonic balancer.