C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Sensor ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 12:03 PM
2006C6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Sensor ??

Hello, my gas gauage has been going from half to empty and back up and down etc... Fuel sensor issue ?

Previous posts on here have suggested Techron. has anyone had any success with this ?

I really dont want to spend 2g at the dealer

Thoughts ?
Old 03-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Chiron
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2006C6
Hello, my gas gauage has been going from half to empty and back up and down etc... Fuel sensor issue ?

Previous posts on here have suggested Techron. has anyone had any success with this ?

I really dont want to spend 2g at the dealer

Thoughts ?
Fuel Sending Unit. I think you need to drop the tank.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:13 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

I'd try Techron before dropping the tank. It might work ... pretty sure it has for others. Maybe do it a couple times on successive tanks. A large bottle is about $12 at Wal Mart. And it'll clean up other things too, particularly if you haven't been using top tier gas.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:28 PM
2006C6
Racer

Originally Posted by RocketDawg
I'd try Techron before dropping the tank. It might work ... pretty sure it has for others. Maybe do it a couple times on successive tanks. A large bottle is about $12 at Wal Mart. And it'll clean up other things too, particularly if you haven't been using top tier gas.
Thanks Ill try it. I dont think the walmart here in carries it but ill find it.

Ive always used chevron.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:44 PM
v26278
Melting Slicks

Received 147 Likes on 93 Posts

I don't think anyone sells Techron by the bottle in Canada, you can only get it when you buy Chevron gas.

I use Chevron exclusively (for the 94 octane) but recently had an issue with the fuel gauge dropping to zero every time I'd get to around the 1/3 full level, also got the warning chime and pulled a code with my code reader, can't recall the code.

I used two successive treatments of Lucas "Deep Clean" Fuel System Cleaner, which you can get at Canadian Tire, probably other places as well. I haven't had any problems since, fingers crossed. Worth a try.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:00 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 2006C6
Thanks Ill try it. I dont think the walmart here in carries it but ill find it.

Ive always used chevron.
Didn't notice where you lived, but it wouldn't have mattered since I didn't know you couldn't buy Techron in a bottle in Canada. But since you've been using Chevron gasoline that lessens the possibility of lower quality gas being the problem.

GM dealers, at least in the US, sell a bottle of Fuel System Treatment for $20 which I think is the same as Techron (It says "Chevron" on the bottom of the bottle). And as the other poster said, there are other brands that do the same thing. You can also buy things like that on Amazon.

Forgot to add ... If it costs $2K to drop the tank to fix a fuel sensor, I think I'd just leave it alone and go by miles driven to know when to fill the tank. Unless it's affecting the way the car runs. But I'm cheap.

Last edited by RocketDawg; 03-10-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:25 PM
2006C6
Racer

Originally Posted by RocketDawg
Didn't notice where you lived, but it wouldn't have mattered since I didn't know you couldn't buy Techron in a bottle in Canada. But since you've been using Chevron gasoline that lessens the possibility of lower quality gas being the problem.

GM dealers, at least in the US, sell a bottle of Fuel System Treatment for $20 which I think is the same as Techron (It says "Chevron" on the bottom of the bottle). And as the other poster said, there are other brands that do the same thing. You can also buy things like that on Amazon.

Forgot to add ... If it costs $2K to drop the tank to fix a fuel sensor, I think I'd just leave it alone and go by miles driven to know when to fill the tank. Unless it's affecting the way the car runs. But I'm cheap.
I havent noticed any drop in performance.

Im going to get some quotes from a shop here in the lower mainland called Corvette Specialties and see what they quote.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Sensor ??

Quick Reply: Fuel Sensor ??