C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billet Alternators with new pricing

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 04:45 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Default Billet Alternators with new pricing

The Billet Alternator design for 2015 has not changed, but the pricing has. Still using the 6-phase stator, 12-pole rotor design.

This alternator is compact and powerful! This case design even fits aftermarket heads with elevated valve cover rails using Katech valve covers. Many Corvette Forum members are running this alternator and some have reported that some, if not all of their troublesome electrical gremlins have been eliminated due to overcoming the voltage deficiencies that plague the Corvettes. Low voltage issues in summer stop-and-go traffic? Gone with this upgrade. Stock alternators heat up and are unable to even produce anything close to their rated output. This design incorporates higher efficiency and better cooling to keep the alternator output voltage high, even in higher heat situations.

"So what is there to gain from using the Billet-Tech alternator over the factory original?"
Better system voltage. "So what does better system voltage gain me?"
Many of the electrical components in our cars will perform better with full voltage.
Our ignition coils, fuel injectors, fuel pumps, cooling fans, electric water pumps, headlights (and the list goes on) will all perform better with better system voltage.
Why go with a Billet-Tech alternator over others? Take a good look at the cases of the competitors and you will notice that none of them have the beefy, stronger ears that Billet-Tech provides on their cases. Instead, you'll find some skinny ears with pins pressed in. These are modified cases, designed for another vehicle, modified to fit our cars and not nearly as strong.
4 finish options offered: Machined, black anodized, polished and chrome. I am stocking the more popular black and polished 170 amp units. 240 amp units, machined and chrome units are special order. As long as they’re in stock, I ship ASAP, typically the next business day.
The 170amp units shipped:
Machined 489.00
Black 515.00
Polished 539.00
Chromed 589.00
Add 50.00 for the 240 amp option.

Texas Residents Add 7.75% sales tax

If you’re wanting a custom alternator and 14v battery with 16v charging, PM me for details.

C5 owners, PM me. I’ve got something for many of you as well.

Shipping within the continental US is included. Contact me for shipping outside the lower 48.
If your serpentine system is upgraded from the factory 6-rib to 8-rib, let me know because we'll need to make you a custom pulley for that at an additional cost.

If you have a "flip drive", "Secondary drive", "Direct drive" or any variant of it, you may need a shorter belt. The drives use a K060370
and K060365 or a Dayco 6PK915 or Goodyear 36" length belt are your shorter options.

Paypal to blownblueZ06@gmail.com
For credit card payments, send me a PM with your email address and I will forward you an invoice.

When sending your payment, please verify your shipping address, add a phone number for FedEx and please give me your car info. Year/model etc.

About the warranty:
All Billet-Tech alternators are backed by a 2 year performance guarantee against manufacturers defect, by the manufacturer. Please visit http://www.mechman.com for more details.
All sales final.

Black

Machined

Polished

Chrome finish by special order only.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 05-05-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Supporting Vendor

Here’s what some of the Corvette Forum Members have shared about their experience with this alternator:
Billet Tech comments and pics
Originally Posted by Unreal
One of the best upgrades I've done to date. Even with all my electronics and on 115+ days it still stays right at 14.3-14.4V. Stock alternator would be in the 11s when hot.
Originally Posted by under_psi
This. Mine is in the 11s now. Definitely a good upgrade.

Originally Posted by BRING IT
Just got mine installed last weekend and it was a awesome upgrade!

Originally Posted by NorthTXC6
the Black anodized looks great and performs perfectly; plus you can rotate the assembly so the electrical harness is down out of the way...plus, Bret was kind enough to install and put on some really cool alternator bolts....

Originally Posted by Smooth72
Great customer service. 14.6 volts at Idle and looks great.

Here’s a custom chrome unit on my ride, putting out 16v with a 14v AGM battery 

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Thanks to Bret for amazing service on this purchase. Most helpful and fast shipping.

Obviously the most important thing is how this unit performs, which I can't comment on yet. I will say the unit is pretty amazing looking for an alternator. Almost too nice. When I opened it up to clock it, and it looks like a piece of art inside. Didn't think to take a picture. Very impressive. Fits perfectly too.

Originally Posted by COMMANDER2OOO
got my new polished billet tech alternator lookin good an no more service charging system
Originally Posted by rob20rx7
Just put this in last week along with a powdercoated Bracket, Had to clean off the areas of contact to the block on the bracket after install. Forgot i needed this for proper ground. No biggie after a little work the finish product looks awesome. With my stereo system, electric fans ad MSD coils with 12v seperate Harness, car charges at 14.6v no issues even at idle with a 10% ATI underdrive pulley.

Awesome!

Old 03-22-2015, 10:00 AM
Supporting Vendor

Plenty in stock, ready for immediate shipment.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:43 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks wicked under some of those hoods!
Old 03-22-2015, 09:22 PM
Supporting Vendor

Old 04-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for your purchases.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:34 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,908 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Replaced mine last year. Great unit...works much better than the crappy OEM unit. Very satisfied customer.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by wayback
Replaced mine last year. Great unit...works much better than the crappy OEM unit. Very satisfied customer.
Me too replaced mine yesterday! Easy, easy install guys.

I was originally worried about the following so if you are too...don't!!
1. Fitment: This alternator fits like a glove.
2. Install: This is the easiest install I have ever done...
3. Compatibility: I have a 2012 Grandsport - no codes, nothing, perfect!

Plus they look amazing!!
You really get two in one. An amazing looking alternator ( instead of buying an alternator cover ) and an amazing upgrade over the OEM alternator.

Last edited by Cor430vette; 04-11-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by wayback
Originally Posted by Cor430vette
Me too replaced mine yesterday! Easy, easy install guys.

I was originally worried about the following so if you are too...don't!!
1. Fitment: This alternator fits like a glove.
2. Install: This is the easiest install I have ever done...
3. Compatibility: I have a 2012 Grandsport - no codes, nothing, perfect!

Plus they look amazing!!
You really get two in one. An amazing looking alternator ( instead of buying an alternator cover ) and an amazing upgrade over the OEM alternator.

Thank you for your feedback gentlemen!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:37 PM
SIXFOE265
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Victim of the Electrical Gremlin

I have just experienced the dreaded issue of my car refusing to start. It's at my mechanic's shop and I'm hoping it's "only" a bad alternator or maybe a fried solenoid. That engine bay gets muy caliente when you add a supercharger and you don't have coated headers. Regardless, I plan to add one of your black alternators to my car (and ceramic coating to my kooks headers). I'm envious of the people that are getting a consistent 13 & 14 volts from their system. I haven't seen those numbers in a while.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by SIXFOE265
I have just experienced the dreaded issue of my car refusing to start. It's at my mechanic's shop and I'm hoping it's "only" a bad alternator or maybe a fried solenoid. That engine bay gets muy caliente when you add a supercharger and you don't have coated headers. Regardless, I plan to add one of your black alternators to my car (and ceramic coating to my kooks headers). I'm envious of the people that are getting a consistent 13 & 14 volts from their system. I haven't seen those numbers in a while.
I'll be here when you're ready.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:51 AM
Supporting Vendor

In stock, ready to ship.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:46 PM
SIXFOE265
Cruising

Default I just received my Black Billet Alternator

Wow!
If it works half as good as it looks, I will be more than pleased.
Absolutely Brilliant design & construction w/ fast shipping !
Thx BBZ06
Old 05-08-2015, 10:26 AM
Supporting Vendor

Wow!
If it works half as good as it looks, I will be more than pleased.
Absolutely Brilliant design & construction w/ fast shipping !
Thx BBZ06
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-21-2015, 05:48 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by red9r
You could request an email from a military email account but don't feel pressured. I'm sure the markup is already pretty low and they seem to be a great deal already. I just wanted to ask the question and offering all CF members the same pricing is a perfectly acceptable answer.

Originally Posted by newvetteguy9
could def ask for an email from the .mil account to verify.
Red9R, you're right. Not a lot of markup, but I'm certainly interested in honoring our country's service members. For a limited time, on a trial basis here, I'm willing to offer an additional 3% off. I hope it's not too insulting, but it's what I'm able to do.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:46 PM
SIXFOE265
Cruising

I thought that I would never see, a poem as lovely as a tree, but low what do my eyes just see...a 14.5 amp reading for my battery. Thx BBZ06 !!
Old 05-27-2015, 07:52 PM
SIXFOE265
Cruising

Pardon the melodrama, but Dios Mio that alternator works like a champ !!
Would've posted sooner, but I had to wait on the headers to get ceramic coated and the supercharger to come back from Paxton, then everything to be put back together.
Dynamite product, BB !!

Get notified of new replies

To Billet Alternators with new pricing

Old 05-27-2015, 10:27 PM
Supporting Vendor

Pardon the melodrama, but Dios Mio that alternator works like a champ !!
Would've posted sooner, but I had to wait on the headers to get ceramic coated and the supercharger to come back from Paxton, then everything to be put back together.
Dynamite product, BB !!
All good! Love the feedback and the poem!

Thanks for your purchase.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:47 AM
Supporting Vendor

In stock, ready to ship.

Thanks for your orders!
Old 09-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

I installed my alternator this past weekend and could not be any more pleased with the technical support and quality of the product received. I had the alternator on my door step within two days of ordering.

Background:
In the Alabama heat with a "full" load on the charging system I would often times get the annoying check charging system message.

I have a high dollar forged longblock with a rowdy cam, ATI dampner, and a considerable amount of engine bay heat. I went with a reman from O'Reilley when the OEM alternator died. The reman would make it for 3-4 days and crap the bed at inconvenient times. The average voltage output on the remans and the OEM peaked at 11.5 volts with high beams, fan, AC wide open, and the car at operating temperatures. It was common to see 10.x values on most days.

After the installation of this alternator I've got a rock solid 14.6-14.7 volts at idle and at cruise. Additionally, my inside and outside lights are brighter, my nitrous solenoids and supporting hardware have consistent voltage, and my standalone fuel system is getting 14+ volts as well.

This could very well be one of the best mods for any car regardless of modifications or purpose.

Check out the pictures below:

Note: The finish on the alternator is machined. The odd coloration in the pictures is condensation from the 67* temperature in my man cave to the 100*F and 85% humidity garage.

Thanks again for the great product!
The following users liked this post:
berk4422 (12-19-2015)

Quick Reply: Billet Alternators with new pricing