C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 Hours of Sebring Spoiler Alert

Old 03-22-2015, 09:55 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Default 12 Hours of Sebring Spoiler Alert

I realize that this is not actually C6 related, but for those that are interested in sports car racing and in particular Corvette Racing, they won the 12 hour race at Sebring last night. That give them the 24 Hours of Daytona and now the 12 Hours of Sebring. Later this year (June) can they win the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I say they can as long as they are not blindsided when they get there.

Chevrolet captured the top three classes with the number 5 DP Corvette winning the overall, of course the PC class is all powered by Chevrolet and then finally the number 3 Corvette wins the GTLM class.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:57 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,499 Likes on 3,586 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Corvette Coral yesterday

Old 03-22-2015, 09:59 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

I love those DP cars. Let's hope the C8 will be VERY similar.

Last edited by Speedforhire; 03-22-2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: .............I stand corrected!
Old 03-22-2015, 10:16 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

What Dodge Boys? They are no longer in the series. SRT could not sell the street version so they pulled out of the series last year.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:37 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,796 Likes on 1,956 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

We went for the first time on Saturday and really enjoyed it. One thing I did not prepare for was how loud it all was.......next time I will drive the GS down.....very fun day....
Old 03-22-2015, 10:45 AM
ZR1Cat
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 75 Posts

Cool report on the wins. Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:46 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Nice pics. It looks like most corvette types do not keep in shape.

I guess I should not be surprised cause most older people are in horrible shape anyway across the board

I look and think a bunch of old farts with corvettes and then remember I will be 67 end of this week. I guess one still thinks they are young and everyone else is getting older. I know I do.

6 foot 165 lbs and active......but at the end of the day I am one tired soul.

Geez do I look like an old fart in the Corvette? I know the chicks stop looking long ago.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:47 AM
GCRoberts
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

This will be interesting. In both races, Porsche had a slight BOP advantage over all the other entries, but Corvette found a way to win anyways. This race it was mechanical issues that hurt Porsche, at Daytona they took each other out with a crazy collision.

The cynic in me predicts that Corvette will be forced to give up something (add more weight...restrict more air) so that other cars can compete. But they won't restrict the fastest cars out there now (Porsche) because they aren't technically winning the races right now.

Last year I was at Watkins Glen where the finish was (1) Corvette, (2) Viper, (3) Viper, (4) Corvette. In a 6 hour race Corvette BARELY beat both Vipers. So IMSA decided they needed to slow down the Corvettes and leave the Vipers alone. WHAT????
Old 03-22-2015, 11:16 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by GCRoberts
........The cynic in me predicts that Corvette will be forced to give up something (add more weight...restrict more air) so that other cars can compete.........
That's basically what I was referring to with my original post, before I corrected it.

Blame it on the OBAMANATION - rob from the Haves to give to the Have-nots!
Old 03-22-2015, 11:18 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by GCRoberts
This will be interesting. In both races, Porsche had a slight BOP advantage over all the other entries, but Corvette found a way to win anyways. This race it was mechanical issues that hurt Porsche, at Daytona they took each other out with a crazy collision.

The cynic in me predicts that Corvette will be forced to give up something (add more weight...restrict more air) so that other cars can compete. But they won't restrict the fastest cars out there now (Porsche) because they aren't technically winning the races right now.

Last year I was at Watkins Glen where the finish was (1) Corvette, (2) Viper, (3) Viper, (4) Corvette. In a 6 hour race Corvette BARELY beat both Vipers. So IMSA decided they needed to slow down the Corvettes and leave the Vipers alone. WHAT????
I don't believe IMSA will impose new BoP's on Corvette Racing simply because they won the Sebring race. After all if you were watching the lap times Corvette was not setting the fastest time. They won the race based on a good strategy and consistent lap times and pit work. In the interview Ryan Briscoe seemed to think even though the Corvette did not have the speed of the Porsche, they kept the pressure on them forcing the Porsche's to run hard the entire race and that most likely caused the mechanical issues they had. Also Doug Fehand though they would have won without the problems the 2 Porsche's had, as they would have had to make late race pit stops for fuel and Corvette did not as we saw with the Ferrari that was closing fast, but hater it make the last stop it was out of the running. I cannot see imposing new BoP's simply because CR was able to set up a game plan and followed it for 12 hours.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:30 AM
Itshakes
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer111
Nice pics. It looks like most corvette types do not keep in shape.

I guess I should not be surprised cause most older people are in horrible shape anyway across the board

I look and think a bunch of old farts with corvettes and then remember I will be 67 end of this week. I guess one still thinks they are young and everyone else is getting older. I know I do.

6 foot 165 lbs and active......but at the end of the day I am one tired soul.

Geez do I look like an old fart in the Corvette? I know the chicks stop looking long ago.

I noticed the same thing...a bunch of old farts...overweight...I'd fit right in....6'7" 285 lbs...73 years old!!!!!
2013 Grand Sport 60th anniversary Coupe....

Get notified of new replies

To 12 Hours of Sebring Spoiler Alert

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 12 Hours of Sebring Spoiler Alert