C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

battery

Old 03-23-2015, 10:00 PM
RT2SJB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery

What battery would be best for my 2011 GS? I have replaced my Delco battery twice and would like to get a battery that lasts a little longer so I am considering and Optima. What model of optima battery do you suggest, blue, red, or yellow top? Where would I find one for the lowest cost?
Old 03-23-2015, 10:10 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,045 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

There are only a few actual battery manufacturers in the US but they make many brands, we each have our prejudices based on personal experience. I've had good luck with Delco.

Optima get mixed reviews, some say they are excellent and others say overpriced junk.

If your have already replaced the battery on a 2011 twice, you might start looking into other issues that might be causing premature death. Do you use a tender when not driving for a few days? Does the battery ever get run completely dead?
Old 03-23-2015, 10:54 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 161 Posts

I walked in to buy an optima yellow today & the guy talked me out of it.
He told me he felt like they got to many returned.
I have been vacillating back and fourth for a week on what I want to do so I will be watching these posts.
I am willing to spend good money for a battery but I want a good battery
Old 03-23-2015, 10:57 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I've had good luck with Optima RED top. I replaced the first one at 5 1/2 years. It was still going strong I just want to avoid any future problems. My current RED top is 2 1/2 years old.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:00 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
There are only a few actual battery manufacturers in the US but they make many brands, we each have our prejudices based on personal experience. I've had good luck with Delco.

Optima get mixed reviews, some say they are excellent and others say overpriced junk.

If your have already replaced the battery on a 2011 twice, you might start looking into other issues that might be causing premature death. Do you use a tender when not driving for a few days? Does the battery ever get run completely dead?
This ^^^ Every word, exactly!

The only thing I'd add,....try a battery with a higher CCA rating. The original Delco is around 600 CCA.
Replace with a 650~700 CCA battery. Google's your friend, do your own research.
All you'll get here is biased opinions as Jim has already said. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To battery

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: battery