C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about coverage

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 03:42 AM
dshall2727
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about coverage

Just purchased a 2005 and had a question about coverage. Do i still have to carry full coverageon the car year round even if I'm only driving 6 months out of the year? I have a loan on the vehicle and was curicous if i could get away with less coverage while the car is in the garage or must I carry full coverage year round reguardless. I am financing my c6 through gm financial.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:58 AM
fred D
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dshall2727
Just purchased a 2005 and had a question about coverage. Do i still have to carry full coverageon the car year round even if I'm only driving 6 months out of the year? I have a loan on the vehicle and was curicous if i could get away with less coverage while the car is in the garage or must I carry full coverage year round reguardless. I am financing my c6 through gm financial.
My best thought is that you will have to insure it as long as it is financed. They have to have protection on the investment in you/your car. I would advise you to contact your insurance company for a straight answer and/or check the small print in your policy. There are so many ifs,and buts in the legal stuff..I hope this helps. Fred D.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:53 AM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,116 Likes on 693 Posts

I think most policies consist of three main parts. Collision, Liability and Comprehensive.

See if you can get them to suspend the Collision and Liability while the car sits. The lender just wants to be made whole in the event of a loss. They will likely go after you if you end up underinsured and you crash or let a tree fall on it.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:06 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

I also have a loan and my ins. policy is from April-October. I drop collision during the winter half. Then call and add it back on for the next six months staring in April. No big deal and saves money!!
Old 03-27-2015, 05:12 AM
dshall2727
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don vette, thanks that's what I was wanting to hear. Is that through GM as well?
Old 03-27-2015, 07:05 AM
AV8TOR536
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I f you have a loan on the car,it has to be insured at all times!

Get notified of new replies

To Question about coverage

Quick Reply: Question about coverage