C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Done the S2T Paddle Shifter Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 05:52 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Default Anyone Done the S2T Paddle Shifter Conversion

I remember someone was in the process of converting the paddle shifters from the stock paddle to the custom S2T paddles along with the F1 shifter module. Wonder if they have completed it and had any pictures. I plan on being cheap and doing the wiring change and then adding the new paddles.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:55 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Ttt
Old 03-31-2015, 09:52 PM
Monty2007
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just did the F1 paddle shifter on my 2007. I was not aware of the S2T paddles. I just checked their website and I may have to add these next. If I do I will let you know.

FYI I purchased my F1 paddle from a forum vendor. The installation took maybe 15 minutes. It has been a month and really like the conversion. I use the paddles all the time now.

Chris.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:25 AM
Grimlock13
Melting Slicks

Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts

I have the paddles and installed them on shifters, but they have not yet been installed in the steering wheel. ( I have a spare set of shifters). I hope to install them in the car next week.

They are a quality product and they installed into the shifters perfectly, snapped right in and I could trigger them on the bench.

I too am just going to swap the 2 wires in the right side wire connector instead of buying the pre-modded "F1 module"
Old 04-01-2015, 12:17 PM
S2TPerformance
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grimlock13
I have the paddles and installed them on shifters, but they have not yet been installed in the steering wheel. ( I have a spare set of shifters). I hope to install them in the car next week.

They are a quality product and they installed into the shifters perfectly, snapped right in and I could trigger them on the bench.

I too am just going to swap the 2 wires in the right side wire connector instead of buying the pre-modded "F1 module"
Hello Grimlock13,

Thanks for the feedback. Great to hear!

You've found the inexpensive way to achieve the 'F1' shifting performance.

We look forward to some pictures of the Paddle Shifters installed!

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products
Old 04-01-2015, 01:57 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Grimlock13

I too look forward to the finished product.

Also which paddles did you order? I am thinking that the CH1. B1. S will be the ones I order.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:22 AM
Grimlock13
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BWF07

Also which paddles did you order? I am thinking that the CH1. B1. S will be the ones I order.
I got the B2 in matte black. (I have the newer 12-13 wheel) I liked them because they were even top to bottom and bent in towards the wheel on the ends.

IMHO I didn't like the B1 style because the top half was longer then the bottom half. I'm sure they are a copy of an OEM from another car but it just looked off it me.

I will post pics when installed. As it seems there are not many installed pics available.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:18 AM
97titan
Pro

Received 309 Likes on 89 Posts

This post just cost me $2k...lol

I've been on the fence and just ordered my new SW and new SRT Paddles.
I two have a spare wheel (thanks to a forum member).

So I will soon have a 2 two tone titanium /black SW with matching 2010 GM carbon. (like this with one, but different colors and carbon) and new Polished Silver B2's installed in 4-6 weeks.

I'll be swapping the 2 wires as well, already done on my spare.
Attached Images   

Last edited by 97titan; 04-02-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:38 PM
Monty2007
Advanced

Originally Posted by 97titan
This post just cost me $2k...lol

I've been on the fence and just ordered my new SW and new SRT Paddles.
I two have a spare wheel (thanks to a forum member).

So I will soon have a 2 two tone titanium /black SW with matching 2010 GM carbon. (like this with one, but different colors and carbon) and new Polished Silver B2's installed in 4-6 weeks.

I'll be swapping the 2 wires as well, already done on my spare.
Nice!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Monty2007
Advanced

I just ordered the CH1. B1 S. Should be here next week.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:51 PM
mjonesjr8
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a stock wheel I have converted that I will sell if anyone is interested in it? Not sure what the going price on these are. It's in great shape and has all the controls on the wheel. I just put in one of the Suede wheels.

I'll put an link in the For Sale items as well.
Attached Images  

Last edited by mjonesjr8; 04-02-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:06 AM
Grimlock13
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mjonesjr8
I have a stock wheel I have converted that I will sell if anyone is interested in it? Not sure what the going price on these are. It's in great shape and has all the controls on the wheel. I just put in one of the Suede wheels.

I'll put an link in the For Sale items as well.
How do you like the Suede wheel? I've been thinking about it, just know it will lead down a road of "now have to get all matching Suede" and cost me a few thousand.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:35 AM
mjonesjr8
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, I love the new suede wheel. I had put one in my Saturn Sky redline a couple years ago and got to use to it it was the 1st thing I changed on the vette.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:43 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by S2TPerformance
Hello Grimlock13,

Thanks for the feedback. Great to hear!

You've found the inexpensive way to achieve the 'F1' shifting performance.

We look forward to some pictures of the Paddle Shifters installed!

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products
Is achieving the 'F1' performance accurate ?? or does this set up just allow you to operate the upshifts and downshifts differently ? I mean this doesn't make the tranny shift any better does it ??
Old 04-03-2015, 11:21 AM
S2TPerformance
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by windyC6
Is achieving the 'F1' performance accurate ?? or does this set up just allow you to operate the upshifts and downshifts differently ? I mean this doesn't make the tranny shift any better does it ??
Hello windyC6,

Thank you for your Post.

The actual transmission shifting performance is unchanged. An aftermarket 'tune' would be needed to alter the transmission shifting speed and performance.

The Paddle Shifters themselves are meant to improve the shifting experience by giving the driver a proper and larger shifting surface in which to engage the transmission. The 'F1' module (or 'F1' wiring modification) is recommended so the left Paddle Shifter downshifts and the right Paddle Shifter upshifts when depressed.

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products
Old 04-03-2015, 11:21 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

just changes the paddle operation
Old 04-03-2015, 11:53 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I ordered my new paddles yesterday. Expect then early next week. My '07 coupe has already been tuned so the transmission is much faster on the shifts. I am doing this so I have the down shift on the left and upshift on the right. This is first accomplished with the wiring change or the F1 shift module, the new paddles do a couple of things. First you no longer have those ugly little buttons with the + sign on them sticking up second you get more paddle above and below the wheel. I do a lot of SIM driving on my computer and I use the paddle on my computer wheel. I have found my self down shifting when I meant to upshift in my '07, simply because the paddles in the C6 were not designed to operate as most paddle shifters do. I know the C7's are now set to do exactly what this will do.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Done the S2T Paddle Shifter Conversion

Old 04-03-2015, 02:12 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

I ordered my new paddles yesterday. Expect then early next week. My '07 coupe has already been tuned so the transmission is much faster on the shifts. I am doing this so I have the down shift on the left and upshift on the right. This is first accomplished with the wiring change or the F1 shift module, the new paddles do a couple of things. First you no longer have those ugly little buttons with the + sign on them sticking up second you get more paddle above and below the wheel. I do a lot of SIM driving on my computer and I use the paddle on my computer wheel. I have found my self down shifting when I meant to upshift in my '07, simply because the paddles in the C6 were not designed to operate as most paddle shifters do. I know the C7's are now set to do exactly what this will do.
I understand completely about your downshifting by mistake. I still do the same thing on occasion mainly because our Acura operates the correct way and after driving it and then going into the vette....well...you know the rest. Are you happy with the trans tune ??....and if I may be so bold...can you give an idea of what it cost to have the tune done....thanks.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:19 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Actually the tune was done prior to me owning the car. The original owner has American long tubes, hi-flo cats and cold air intake installed and a tune. I love how it shifts, 1st to 2nd under hard acceleration and it jumps sideways and 2nd to 3rd it a neck snapper. I will be glad to get the new paddles installed next week.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:41 PM
Monty2007
Advanced

Originally Posted by Monty2007
I just ordered the CH1. B1 S. Should be here next week.
I received mine Monday and installed them tonight. The fit and finish are outstanding.

One item to note is that receiver pin is spring loaded and can fly out, mine did but I was lucky and had a spare paddle unit I was able to cannibalize. The installation took about an hour including looking for the lost recieved pin and getting the pin out of the other paddle.

I will post pictures.

Chris

Quick Reply: Anyone Done the S2T Paddle Shifter Conversion