C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top of my door panel is loose?

Old 04-04-2015, 09:01 PM
06blackvert
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Top of my door panel is loose?

I just noticed that the passenger side door panel is loose on the top. Is this an easy fix and do I need to take the door panel off to fix. I haven't really looked at it...Just wanted to get some direction before I look at it in the morning.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:30 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

You will have to remove the panel in order to tilt the top of the panel out a bit to get the (4) metal hook clips installed at the top.
This is most likely your issue.
http://www.theredlion.us/DSV%20Passe...%20Install.pdf

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 04-06-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:50 AM
LbulletM
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

I literally did this to my driver's side door weekend before this past one. I had a squeak. Took about 10 minutes to take the panel off (including looking up how to do it), 5 minutes to wrap a few parts in teflon (I'd suggest it, it was easy and helped in tightening everything up), and another 10 to get the hang of putting everything back together. You should have the window down when reinstalling and you can kind of flex the door panel near the top to get the hooks seated well. My door now sounds a lot more solid and the squeak is gone! It was a better mod than my HUD!

Get notified of new replies

To Top of my door panel is loose?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Top of my door panel is loose?