C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New vette wave in oswego ny.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 11:10 AM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Default New vette wave in oswego ny.

Not to **** anyone off but,, but here go's.
First off i love all corvette's, but here in upstate NY, where i live, the owner's [ not all ] of new C7 look down on us C6 owners as ? . - They are driving around here like crazy fools.. and wanting to street race, total idiot driving,,, and even had one ask me when are you going to trade in your old 2006 for a better one...
Well its hard for me to explain how some of these new vette owners are in my area [ not all ] - but i come up with a new wave, as they have no clue what it's all about.

It's a, BIG middle finger to you...

But im not saying thats how all the new vette owners are, it just some here,in my area, i dont think ever had one and maybe their wife let them trade in thier Chevy Silverado‎,or mini van,, to get the vette....
Old 04-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Itshakes
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Middle finger salute!

Be careful. There are concealed carry laws now!
Old 04-19-2015, 11:27 AM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Itshakes
Be careful. There are concealed carry laws now!
Old 04-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

That is the same signal they give for one lap left at the Home of The Supermodifieds.

Can't believe Corvette owners could be so mean.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:32 AM
patriotpa
Melting Slicks

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

No matter what the car, you'll always find a few jerks out there.

For some, they think the car makes them cool, when in fact, their acting like a jerk reflects badly on us all.

A good return wave is hand loosely closed, little finger extended and waving. You're saying "Sorry about your inadequate little wee-wee". They get the message.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:38 AM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by patriotpa
No matter what the car, you'll always find a few jerks out there.

For some, they think the car makes them cool, when in fact, their acting like a jerk reflects badly on us all.

A good return wave is hand loosely closed, little finger extended and waving. You're saying "Sorry about your inadequate little wee-wee". They get the message.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:39 AM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
That is the same signal they give for one lap left at the Home of The Supermodifieds.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:58 AM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carls2004
Not to **** anyone off but,, but here go's.
First off i love all corvette's, but here in upstate NY, where i live, the owner's [ not all ] of new C7 look down on us C6 owners as ? . - They are driving around here like crazy fools.. and wanting to street race, total idiot driving,,, and even had one ask me when are you going to trade in your old 2006 for a better one...
Well its hard for me to explain how some of these new vette owners are in my area [ not all ] - but i come up with a new wave, as they have no clue what it's all about.

It's a, BIG middle finger to you...

But im not saying thats how all the new vette owners are, it just some here,in my area, i dont think ever had one and maybe their wife let them trade in thier Chevy Silverado‎,or mini van,, to get the vette....
Careful. Lotsa wackos out there. You never know who you're directing that thing at.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:08 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06

And if anyone wondered what The Home of the Supermodifieds , is
http://www.oswegospeedway.com/HOME/t...-Showdown.aspx
Old 04-19-2015, 12:40 PM
bobeast
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Take an implied insult and return an overt one. Yeah. thats a solution. I can imagine a thread on the C7 board talking about some C6 drivers in NY flipping them the bird for some unknown reason.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:01 PM
Buck Henry
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bobeast
I can imagine a thread on the C7 board talking about some C6 drivers in NY flipping them the bird for some unknown reason.
LOL, I thought about the same thing.

It amazes me what some people get worked up over. Very sophomoric!
Old 04-19-2015, 02:16 PM
G Striker
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suppose you may respond or perhaps take proactive measures as you see fit. In my area, East TX, most of the vettes I see on the road are C7s, and the drivers are eager to wave with considerable enthusiasm, and I respond in kind. Being TX, we are all armed or assumed to be armed so gestures such as you suggest are strongly discouraged. Good luck in your area with whatever you decide to do.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:22 PM
Boomer1980
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Having lived in many other areas of the country and being a western NY native, I find the people in the Syracuse area to be among the unfriendlinest of everywhere I have been. So this does not surprise me at all. I try and wave to all the Corvettes I pass and get maybe 1 in 5 to wave back.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:34 PM
Richard Ames
Drifting

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

At the Sebring Corvette Corral all the C7 owners were nice even the new C7 Z06 owners. Must be the winters youall endure.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:57 PM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

Motorcycle riders have the wave too, when I'm out riding I wave to everyone, Harley or non-Harley. After waving to 2 or 3 that don't return the wave, I say screw it, I'm not waving to anyone anymore. Another bike approaches, I stubbornly refuse to wave and you guessed it, he waves to me. Now I feel bad that I didn't wave and start waving to everyone again...repeat that cycle over and over again, ! All good though...
Old 04-19-2015, 04:18 PM
bobeast
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Whats really funny is when I catch me or the wife module waving at a Vette.....when we are driving the Tundra.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:48 PM
2012CyberGrayGS
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree, owning a C7 doesn't make you cool. I chose my GS over the base C7 because the Z06 wasn't out yet, and I wanted a wide body car, and I am not going to spend 100k on one when in a few years it will have depreciated considerably.
I don't have a problem with C7 drivers but I seem to have a problem with all model Vette owners now. I had an 04' C5 yellow black convertible top and everyone always waved. Since I bought the 12' GS last year maybe 1 out of 10 Vettes wave to me(any year, mostly older cars). What's with that?? I have gotten so frustrated that almost no one waves back that I pretty much have stopped waving.

Get notified of new replies

To New vette wave in oswego ny.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

I only go to Oswego, New York for two reasons. First and foremost is to give Carls 2004 and Boomer 1980 the finger. Makes me feel special. Just kidding.

Seriously if you are ever in the upstate New York area and you fail to include a Saturday night at Oswego Speedway you are really missing the big show. Great competition with the fastest short track pavement racers anywhere. Five eights of a mile, some banking but not much and they are running the wing supers at 150 mile per hour laps. Very, very fast race cars on a very historic race track.

Mention my name for a discount admission ticket. Does not work for me but maybe for you.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:58 PM
DocktorQ
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We have been waving with success since 1979. We went to Watkins Glen from Oswego yesterday for opening day. Saw quite a few c6's on the way. Everyone waved. Didn't see any C7s. I've only seen a couple in Oswego thus far. No chance to wave or not. So no opinion on our fellow Oswegoians.

Got in line to take a few laps around the track and we were behind a brand new C7. There's lots of opinions on the C7 and I was on the fence until I saw this baby! I really liked the color and the chrome wheels. We had a nice time chasing him around the track (no passing Rule in effect).

For the Central NY/Northern PA folks. It's a really nice time if you get a chance to go there and take a few laps.

I posted a couple of photos of the C7 in this thread if you want to see them.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-sighting.html
Old 04-19-2015, 06:13 PM
donwil
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 2012CyberGrayGS
I agree, owning a C7 doesn't make you cool. I chose my GS over the base C7 because the Z06 wasn't out yet, and I wanted a wide body car, and I am not going to spend 100k on one when in a few years it will have depreciated considerably.
I don't have a problem with C7 drivers but I seem to have a problem with all model Vette owners now. I had an 04' C5 yellow black convertible top and everyone always waved. Since I bought the 12' GS last year maybe 1 out of 10 Vettes wave to me(any year, mostly older cars). What's with that?? I have gotten so frustrated that almost no one waves back that I pretty much have stopped waving.
05 DSOM wavin' to ya. Us DSOM owners don't think we are better than anyone else. WE KNOW WE ARE! J/K

Quick Reply: New vette wave in oswego ny.