C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another S2T F1 paddle install and DIY change of how paddles shift

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 04:14 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Default Another S2T F1 paddle install and DIY change of how paddles shift

NEVER liked how the paddles looked or shifted on the A6 in my wifes C6, totally compared to my F430. I saw that a company was making these F1 paddles and there was a very smart CF member who figured out how to make the right paddle shift up and let the left do the downshifting. I waited until some people had bought the paddles from S2T Performance to see how they liked them. Reviews were all positive so I ordered a set of Black anodized ones. Ordered Friday, delivered to Alberta Wednesday. First of all, very nice packaging indeed! The paddles themselves, very high quality. The whole process to change paddles and do the DIY mod on the right paddle electronics took about 1.5 hours. The only problem I had was when I tightened up the paddles to the steering wheel they started to bind on my plastic steering column shroud and would not pop back after I pressed them. Once I figured out it was the plastic shroud they were binding up against, I trimmed away a bit of the plastic around the base which holds the module and the paddles. Problem fixed! I must say everything was fairly straight forward in the instructions, but I did have a bit of trouble getting the wires out UNTIL I read a bit further and a member came up with the tip of flattening the paper clip, once I did that, the wires popped right out. Thanks to S2T Performance for a superior product and thanks to the members who did up the DIY instructions etc. The test drive was flawless and the paddles not only looked really cool, they worked the way F1 shifting is supposed to, Right upshift, left downshift!
Attached Images      
Old 04-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Bigredwing
Melting Slicks

Received 425 Likes on 301 Posts

Very cool. Nice looking installation and wheel.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:56 AM
MH663
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 77 Posts

Would you be interested in selling the stock shifters by any chance?

Thanks.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:51 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Very nice. It all ties in well in your car. Don't you just love had the paddles work now? I was at a monthly auto cross this past weekend with the new paddles and it sure was nice knowing I was not going to down shift when I was wanting to up shift.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:14 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by MH663
Would you be interested in selling the stock shifters by any chance?

Thanks.

I think I am going to keep them, just in case....
Old 04-23-2015, 04:15 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by BWF07
Very nice. It all ties in well in your car. Don't you just love had the paddles work now? I was at a monthly auto cross this past weekend with the new paddles and it sure was nice knowing I was not going to down shift when I was wanting to up shift.
Sometimes I shake my head at how some engineers/designers come up with things, the way GM had these setup was one of those times!
Old 04-24-2015, 06:23 AM
Grimlock13
Melting Slicks

Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Sometimes I shake my head at how some engineers/designers come up with things, the way GM had these setup was one of those times!
I believe even Porsche even had it set up the same way as GM pre-PDK transmission.

I do agree though it makes sense to have just a downshift and upshift paddle without the thumb buttons.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:28 PM
S2TPerformance
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Racer
NEVER liked how the paddles looked or shifted on the A6 in my wifes C6, totally compared to my F430. I saw that a company was making these F1 paddles and there was a very smart CF member who figured out how to make the right paddle shift up and let the left do the downshifting. I waited until some people had bought the paddles from S2T Performance to see how they liked them. Reviews were all positive so I ordered a set of Black anodized ones. Ordered Friday, delivered to Alberta Wednesday. First of all, very nice packaging indeed! The paddles themselves, very high quality. The whole process to change paddles and do the DIY mod on the right paddle electronics took about 1.5 hours. The only problem I had was when I tightened up the paddles to the steering wheel they started to bind on my plastic steering column shroud and would not pop back after I pressed them. Once I figured out it was the plastic shroud they were binding up against, I trimmed away a bit of the plastic around the base which holds the module and the paddles. Problem fixed! I must say everything was fairly straight forward in the instructions, but I did have a bit of trouble getting the wires out UNTIL I read a bit further and a member came up with the tip of flattening the paper clip, once I did that, the wires popped right out. Thanks to S2T Performance for a superior product and thanks to the members who did up the DIY instructions etc. The test drive was flawless and the paddles not only looked really cool, they worked the way F1 shifting is supposed to, Right upshift, left downshift!
Hello Racer,

Thank you for your Post and Feedback!

They are greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your Paddle Shifters!

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products
Old 04-25-2015, 09:20 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Looks great I have the same ones sitting here. Will probably get to next weekend to install
Old 04-26-2015, 10:04 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
Looks great I have the same ones sitting here. Will probably get to next weekend to install
Once you do the install you will love them. Did mine a few weeks back.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:19 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by BWF07
Once you do the install you will love them. Did mine a few weeks back.

Get notified of new replies

To Another S2T F1 paddle install and DIY change of how paddles shift

Quick Reply: Another S2T F1 paddle install and DIY change of how paddles shift