C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replacing bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 01:48 PM
shelleygraham
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default replacing bulbs

Please tell me how you change a fog light bulb and the turn signal bulb on a 2010 grand sport. Thank you.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:13 PM
fred D
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by shelleygraham
Please tell me how you change a fog light bulb and the turn signal bulb on a 2010 grand sport. Thank you.
On the side of the car that has the light out, turn the wheel in so you have better access to the inner fender. Unsnap the fasteners, pull the inner fender back out of the way. grasp the bulb socket and turn ccw about 1/4 turn, pull socket back and remove bulb from socket. Replace with new bulb.
Fred D.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:44 PM
v3tte
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope this helps for the fogs!

http://www.southerncarparts.com/corv...diy-pm-35.html

for the DRLs just open the top cover in the wheel well (above the flap for the Fogs) and the bulb will be the outer most one.

I would suggest jacking the car up and removing the wheel for easier access.

Are you upgrading to HID fogs/LED DRLs?
Old 04-26-2015, 06:11 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,013 Likes on 2,171 Posts

Originally Posted by fred D
On the side of the car that has the light out, turn the wheel in so you have better access to the inner fender. Unsnap the fasteners, pull the inner fender back out of the way. grasp the bulb socket and turn ccw about 1/4 turn, pull socket back and remove bulb from socket. Replace with new bulb.
Fred D.
The turn signal socket has a lock tab that you need to push down before it will turn.

Also, before you install the new bulb, use a pick tool and bend out the two small prongs across from each other so the will make better contact to the bulb tomb stone wires (why the bulb burnt out in the first place. In the below link, you can see one of the prongs top right in the photo, so you need to get under the prong and behind the upper metal cup section to lightly bend the lower prongs out more to the center of the channel slot.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/longy...039228941.html

Lastly, before you install the bulbs, use dielectric grease on the heaver side in the tombstone receptor channel of the socket. This will keep the prongs clean, and also helps to dissipate heat to keep the sockets from burning up.

Get notified of new replies

To replacing bulbs

Quick Reply: replacing bulbs