C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 corvette grand sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 02:50 PM
ralfano
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 corvette grand sport

hello. i have this concern regarding my 2012 orvette. i bring it to the dealer to program the two transmitters to lock the doors.before i leave i try the locking function and it works. unlock and lock. when i travel back to the city area the transmitters beep when you lock the doors but the lock function does not work . its like it deprograms itself when i get into the city. does this have anything to do with cell towers? thank you for the help.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:17 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Try wrapping tin foil over the On Star module, then make a hat of same material and wear it faithfully whenever driving the car, stand on 1 foot and crow like a chicken when pushing the fob button. If that doesn't work then I don't know what else to try
Just kiddin, I have no clue obviously, just bored
NSF
Old 04-25-2015, 04:27 PM
blittle
Melting Slicks

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts

Very strange.....what city? Do they work when you are outside the city? Beep? ....when I use the remote to lock or unlock mine , there is no "beeps" ....if i press lock twice , the horn sounds. Are the key fobs the originals for the vehicle? There are various issues...you will most likely need to visit a dealer and get things straightened out.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by ralfano
its like it deprograms itself when i get into the city. does this have anything to do with cell towers? thank you for the help.
If your car is close to a strong electronic field, it doesn't deprogram the fob, it just interferes with the signal that the fob is sending to the car at that time.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:02 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

I have mine set up (you can do it yourself in the DIC) to automatically lock and unlock when I leave or approach the car. Mine doesn't beep when it activates the locks, but I've noticed if I exit the car and go toward the front of the car on the driver's side, it will sometimes blow the horn as if I'd left the fob in the car. Apparently there's a receiver near the front driver's fender that is fooled into "thinking" that the fob is still inside.

You think your exit/approach path could be the issue?
Old 04-25-2015, 06:15 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RocketDawg
I have mine set up (you can do it yourself in the DIC) to automatically lock and unlock when I leave or approach the car.
Clarification: The car does not automatically unlock when you approach the car. It either unlocks when you press the unlock button on the fob as you approach the car, or it unlocks after you pull on the door handle and the car "looks" for a fob near the door, then unlocks the door when it gets a response from the fob.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:15 PM
ralfano
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Clarification: The car does not automatically unlock when you approach the car. It either unlocks when you press the unlock button on the fob as you approach the car, or it unlocks after you pull on the door handle and the car "looks" for a fob near the door, then unlocks the door when it gets a response from the fob.
thank you. when i parked the car and closed the door and pressed the lock button on my fob twice the horn blew.then when i went to open the door by the handle without hitting the unlock on the fob. the window glass dropped a bit and the door opened. thats my issue. any help. thanks ralph
Old 04-25-2015, 10:08 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

thank you. when i parked the car and closed the door and pressed the lock button on my fob twice the horn blew.then when i went to open the door by the handle without hitting the unlock on the fob. the window glass dropped a bit and the door opened. thats my issue. any help. thanks ralph
That's the way it's supposed to work. That doesn't sound like a problem to me. That part is okay.

Just keep in mind that there are 2 ways to get the car to unlock so you can open the door. Either get close enough to the car and press the unlock button on the fob, then pull on the door handle.

Alternately, just be close enough to the door with the fob and pull on the door handle.

Your original post in this thread was saying that the lock function with the fob did not work. I was just trying to explain that a strong electronic signal from some nearby source may keep the fob from working correctly. If that is happening, it does not reprogram the fob, it just keeps it from working correctly as long as the car and fob are near that strong electronic signal.

That's all I know to tell you.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:25 PM
RagTop69
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 151 Posts

That's functioning normally.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Kozzzz
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

If you try to open the door and the FOB is close enough to the car (in your pocket), the door will unlock itself, even if you just locked it with the FOB.

If you lock the door and move the FOB far away from the car, then the door shouldn't open if you try to open it (assuming the FOB is still far away from the car).

If the FOB is far away from the car, you can unlock the car by pressing the unlock button on the FOB, and then open the door even if the FOB isn't in your pocket.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:04 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

I wonder if the OP isn't just bored, and trolling.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:01 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Yes, you are correct.

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 corvette grand sport

Quick Reply: 2012 corvette grand sport