C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could this be "Carma"?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 09:39 PM
RagTop69
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 151 Posts

Default Could this be "Carma"?

When I owned my 69 427 coupe a friend of mine gave me a hot wheels car still in the bubble pack that was a dead ringer for my coupe. IIRC it was actually a 68 BB, but you can hardly live on the difference in the appearance. The little C3 was Le Mans Blue, just like my car. I was forced to sell the 69 about 3 1/2 years ago. We moved and, while unpacking, I put the little Hot Wheels C3 coupe on a shelf in my den/office/4th bedroom. My oldest grandson, a mature man of 4 now, was around two and found the little Vette and opened it and played with it. I was kind of pissed about it because I had wanted to keep it in the original package, but, hey, he's my second born's first born. Some time later I was over at the Dollar Store and they had Hot Wheels cars. I grabbed a few for my grandson and let him open them up and play with them when he visited next. He took all but one of them home with him. My late wife must have put the 69 and the other Hot Wheels car up on the same shelf. I was walking past it the other day and, to my complete amazement, the other car was a Victory Red C6. I didn't know I was going to buy another Vette until about four weeks ago. I certainly didn't have any particular color preference. But, there were the two little Corvettes sitting there. One the spitting image of my 69 and the other the spitting image of my 09. Did I know then what I don't think I knew then? Who knows?
Old 04-28-2015, 11:05 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,629 Likes on 2,349 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by RagTop69
When I owned my 69 427 coupe a friend of mine gave me a hot wheels car still in the bubble pack that was a dead ringer for my coupe. IIRC it was actually a 68 BB, but you can hardly live on the difference in the appearance. The little C3 was Le Mans Blue, just like my car. I was forced to sell the 69 about 3 1/2 years ago. We moved and, while unpacking, I put the little Hot Wheels C3 coupe on a shelf in my den/office/4th bedroom. My oldest grandson, a mature man of 4 now, was around two and found the little Vette and opened it and played with it. I was kind of pissed about it because I had wanted to keep it in the original package, but, hey, he's my second born's first born. Some time later I was over at the Dollar Store and they had Hot Wheels cars. I grabbed a few for my grandson and let him open them up and play with them when he visited next. He took all but one of them home with him. My late wife must have put the 69 and the other Hot Wheels car up on the same shelf. I was walking past it the other day and, to my complete amazement, the other car was a Victory Red C6. I didn't know I was going to buy another Vette until about four weeks ago. I certainly didn't have any particular color preference. But, there were the two little Corvettes sitting there. One the spitting image of my 69 and the other the spitting image of my 09. Did I know then what I don't think I knew then? Who knows?
Wow, cool story. Sorry for the loss of your wife. Live like there's no tomorrow!
Old 04-29-2015, 10:28 AM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Gave me some goose bumps!

Very nice story. Sorry for the loss of your wife. Sounds like she'll be waiting for you. Take your time and enjoy what you have with your family.

I've been looking for a hot wheel of the C6. But only when the hot wheels are on the end caps in the stores. Some day I will take a serious look for a white C6. I did purchase a silver 1/8 scale that I have taken apart and intend to paint Arctic White.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:31 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

I'm pretty sure you meant "karma", not "carma."

"Carma" is an acronym.

Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association, scanner radio listeners club based in the Chicago Illinois area

or

Combined Array for Research in Millimeter-wave Astronomy, astronomical instrument composed of 23 radio telescopes
Old 04-29-2015, 12:44 PM
RagTop69
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette_DD

"Carma" is an acronym.

Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association, scanner radio listeners club based in the Chicago Illinois area

or

Combined Array for Research in Millimeter-wave Astronomy, astronomical instrument composed of 23 radio telescopes
Actually I meant "Carma". You see it's what's referred to as poetic license. The karma was associated with cars, thus "carma". It was a joke, son. Besides, who gives a rat's butt about the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association beside a bunch of people who have nothing better to do than listen to other people's conversations? And I'll have to ask both members of the Combined Array for Research in Millimeter-wave Astronomy for their forgiveness.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:20 PM
mwvette556
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette_DD

"Carma" is an acronym.

or

Whoosh!
Old 04-29-2015, 02:24 PM
b0xm0ns73r
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually I meant "Carma". You see it's what's referred to as poetic license. The karma was associated with cars, thus "carma". It was a joke, son. Besides, who gives a rat's butt about the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association beside a bunch of people who have nothing better to do than listen to other people's conversations? And I'll have to ask both members of the Combined Array for Research in Millimeter-wave Astronomy for their forgiveness.
I almost spewed water on my keyboard
Old 04-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Magik
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

Haha! had a good laugh!

Sorry to hear about your wife, but that was a great story you portrayed. Like another member said earlier, I also got goosebumps. Thanks for telling your story.

Get notified of new replies

To Could this be "Carma"?

Quick Reply: Could this be "Carma"?