C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differential Oil for C6

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 05:57 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
The figure 8 thing was GM's advice to dealers who were installing the new fluid in customer's cars who complained of chatter. It worked to quickly distribute the fluid throughout the clutch plates, so the customer would be instantly gratified. Otherwise, it may have taken many miles and many corners to achieve the same results.
If you have to do the figure 8's on a regular basis to stop chatter, you either need new fluid or you have bigger problems. The figure 8 process is a once and done deal.
Good points XOH....but I'm sure your well aware that the rice crispy rears are well known throughout the C-6 world. Many of them have gone many miles without ever addressing the issue. Just because one snaps and pops doesn't mean that its going south and has issues...other than the annoying sound. As mentioned I'm on my 4th brand of fluid now including the new GM brew once. Nothing has gotten rid of the crackle completely, but its down to a whimper. Every time I check the drain plug its as clean as a babies behind and the fluid is cleaner than fresh brewed white lightning so I'm not gonna assume that the rear end has bigger problems just yet....LOL.

Quick Reply: Differential Oil for C6