C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible top issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 01:40 PM
RaysLilVette
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Convertible top issue

Hi All,

So i just got back from vacation in Hawaii. I got to turn on my Vette and it starts up perfectly. I then try to put the top down and nope it would not go. Instead i get this message on the dash "Unlatch Header To Move Top" I find it very odd because it worked right before i left. I made sure the back partition was put on correctly and secured and it was. I am all out of ideas. I hope you guys can help..
Old 05-06-2015, 01:52 PM
1Hotrodz
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by RaysLilVette
Hi All,

So i just got back from vacation in Hawaii. I got to turn on my Vette and it starts up perfectly. I then try to put the top down and nope it would not go. Instead i get this message on the dash "Unlatch Header To Move Top" I find it very odd because it worked right before i left. I made sure the back partition was put on correctly and secured and it was. I am all out of ideas. I hope you guys can help..
The computer doesn't know your top is unlatched. I believe there is a micro-switch located in the latch that is sticking. Try twisting the latch handle back and forth to free the binding switch
Old 05-06-2015, 02:46 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Hotrodz
The computer doesn't know your top is unlatched. I believe there is a micro-switch located in the latch that is sticking. Try twisting the latch handle back and forth to free the binding switch
I find that pushing up on the top to separate the top from the windshield is helpful as well. I assume doing this allows the switch to completely disengage.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:11 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
I find that pushing up on the top to separate the top from the windshield is helpful as well. I assume doing this allows the switch to completely disengage.

I also give mine a little upward push and then rotate the handle back to closed position and never have had a problem after 8 1/2 years.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:12 PM
RaysLilVette
Pro

Originally Posted by 1Hotrodz
Thank you! i have not tried this yet. I hope it works. Thanks a lot for the information.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:13 PM
RaysLilVette
Pro

Originally Posted by owc6
I did this yesterday.. i lifted it up and my windows rolled down, once i pressed the button it wouldn't go down.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

The two previous post are good advise Ray. Also I might add, check the windows to see if they are indexing. It could be the battery got a bit weak while you were away, and the indexing was lost. If so, re-index the windows. I learned this from experience. Got all kind of warnings. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Convertible top issue

Quick Reply: Convertible top issue