C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade my 2010 to Nav

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 09:40 PM
drews60
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upgrade my 2010 to Nav

I'm thinking about upgrading my 2010 3LT by switching out radios and upgrading to the stock navigation unit. First I have to find a unit that isn't priced insanely high. I was outbid on an eBay auction, one went for $366.

Then I have to locate a navigation antenna and it looks like a real PITA to install it. Has anyone done this or has anyone found an easier location for it?

I'm told I'll have to tell the Nav unit the cars VIN. Can I do this or is a trip to the dealership necessary along with the Kings ransom.?
Old 05-06-2015, 09:51 PM
unclecookie
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by drews60
I'm thinking about upgrading my 2010 3LT by switching out radios and upgrading to the stock navigation unit. First I have to find a unit that isn't priced insanely high. I was outbid on an eBay auction, one went for $366.

Then I have to locate a navigation antenna and it looks like a real PITA to install it. Has anyone done this or has anyone found an easier location for it?

I'm told I'll have to tell the Nav unit the cars VIN. Can I do this or is a trip to the dealership necessary along with the Kings ransom.?

I just did mine a couple weeks ago. I double side taped my nav antenna to the top of the heater/AC vents above the radio, and it works just fine. Yes it is a PITA to install the antenna in the factory location. If you buy a used nav unit, you will have to take it to someone with a Tech II to erase the current VIN number. So either a GM dealer or an independent shop with a Tech II. I took mine to the dealer only to find out they charge a 1 hour minimum on labor even though it only takes 5 minutes. So I paid $129. I'm sure you can find someone to do it for less. Shop around.

Quick Reply: Upgrade my 2010 to Nav