C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hotel in Bowling Green

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Hotel in Bowling Green

Hi all, I will be going through Bowling Green next week on my way to St. Louis and will stop at the museum on the way through. I have looked at some reviews online of hotels and see that the Hotel Sync right next to the museum gets great reviews. I had planned on staying at the Hampton Inn but after seeing the Trip Advisor reviews thought I would check with the "experts" here. Have any of you stayed there or have some recommendations for a 2 night stay?
Old 05-12-2015, 01:49 PM
JimmyLee
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 200 Likes on 116 Posts

The Sync is an amazing value. It's modern and feels like an apartment.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Richard Ames
Drifting

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

http://www.1869homestead.com/ is a B and B belongs to Wendell Strode and his wife. He is the director of the Corvette Museum and has a covered area you can park in. Long paved driveway. He served us breakfast one morning and his wife makes a killer breakfast. Four guest rooms and very laid back if you like B and B's.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:14 PM
myfunz
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Super 8 was fine also.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by Richard Ames
http://www.1869homestead.com/ is a B and B belongs to Wendell Strode and his wife. He is the director of the Corvette Museum and has a covered area you can park in. Long paved driveway. He served us breakfast one morning and his wife makes a killer breakfast. Four guest rooms and very laid back if you like B and B's.
Thank you Richard, that looks very interesting and I love the covered garage. I have not stayed at a B&B in the US before only in Scotland so that might be interesting. Thanks again for the idea.

Originally Posted by JimmyLee
Thanks Jimmy, that is the same thing I have been reading online. How was the parking lot? Some of those places have tiny spaces where you have to park so close you are just waiting on a problem.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:33 PM
ZR1Cat
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 75 Posts

Perhaps the largest 'main drag' in Bowling Green for restaurants and hotels is Scottsville road, just about two exits away from the NCM exit off I-65. This is the most popular area for the vette folks to stay during big events at the NCM. I've stayed at the Drury Inn, Marriott and Hilton Gardens along that stretch. There are many more. Take your pick. All are decent and each has their pluses and minuses.

I get to the NCM about twice a year and enjoy my time there. Have fun.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:46 PM
JVRSS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We stayed at the La Quinta last fall and it was good. Fairly new hotel. I called before we went so I could check the age - only 5 years old and they have a decent breakfast.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:59 PM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites on Scottsville Rd. off Rte. 65 couple of years ago. Nice rooms, fair price and IIRC 2 exits from the Museum. Also about an hour from Nashville if you're so inclined. Car was filthy when I got there, I asked for a hose, they gave me that plus soap, a bucket and some wash cloths. We rode out tornado watches and violent storms while there and lost power for a couple of hours but through it all they were on top of things, phoning all the rooms, having a meeting and going over emergency procedures. ONLY complaint was the A/C unit was a little loud, we would turn it off at night. Might want to check that out before accepting a room...have fun!
Old 05-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

I appreciate the replies and recommendations. Looks like a lot of good choices. I'm waiting to hear back on the B&B that was recommended to find out if they have a vacancy. It looks like an interesting place and I like the idea of being able to garage the Vette.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:54 PM
chevyman426
Instructor

Originally Posted by JimmyLee
Stay there myself just like OP stated. I believe super8 and sync owned by same family.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:13 PM
Suprpig
Racer

That is where I stayed several years ago and it is very nice!
Old 05-12-2015, 11:54 PM
64Ragtop
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We stayed at the Sync and found it very nice and it's right across the highway from the NCM.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:26 AM
vettesmith02
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice to know, since I'll be heading to Bowling Green, soon.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:01 AM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by 64Ragtop
We stayed at the Sync and found it very nice and it's right across the highway from the NCM.
I never heard back from the B&B so I booked the Sync last night. Looks like a good choice, seems more like an efficiency than a hotel room which is great. I always worry about hotel parking lots but I guess there will be plenty of Vettes in the lots around there so no big deal. I have reservations for the plant tour at 8:30am so it will be nice to be so close too.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:19 AM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,349 Likes on 779 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Originally Posted by myfunz
Super 8 was fine also.
It's located between the Museum and the Assembly plant which is as good as it gets. It is a Super 8 but we've never had any issue at all there.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:46 AM
Richard Ames
Drifting

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Elizabeth City Vette
I never heard back from the B&B so I booked the Sync last night. Looks like a good choice, seems more like an efficiency than a hotel room which is great. I always worry about hotel parking lots but I guess there will be plenty of Vettes in the lots around there so no big deal. I have reservations for the plant tour at 8:30am so it will be nice to be so close too.
We.hooked up with some other forum members and was able to split the cost of the Tour.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:58 AM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

We.hooked up with some other forum members and was able to split the cost of the Tour.
Thanks Richard, when I booked reservations for me and my wife for the plant tour it was only $7 each. I'm not sure how or why you split the cost of the tour. Have things changed since you went or was it maybe a different type of tour? I just did the public tour.

Get notified of new replies

To Hotel in Bowling Green

Old 05-13-2015, 09:02 AM
SSWEET
Race Director

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

You won't be dissapointed in the Sync.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:51 AM
ant21b
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

La Quinta inn in bowling green is very nice and a good value.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:41 AM
jsucraig
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm going to be at the museum on Wednesday, 5-20-2015, with a mid-morning $7 plant tour and more museum afterwards. Send me a PM.

Quick Reply: Hotel in Bowling Green