C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas cap COVER wont close ??? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 02:07 AM
steventx
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Gas cap COVER wont close ??? HELP!

So I went to get gas, pressed the button to unlock the gas fill cover. It felt odd when I pushed it, didn't really bounce back. And now I am unable to close the cover.??? I don't even recognize what keeps it closed. Did a cable snap or something not catching the cover when I try to close it or ??? Anybody can help I sure would appreciate it cuz its awfully hard to look super cool with my gas cap cover sticking out while im driving! If anyone knows what happened PLEASE let me know. thanks! 2005 Z51.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:07 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Is the dash button stuck in the upward position, or is the problem the latch/plunger itself for the door.
The dash button is easy enough to pull out of the dash, and pull it apart to clean the push button to solve that problem if the dash button is stuck in the inward position.

As for if its the plunger at the door location that the spring broke and just the plunger spring needs to be , easy enough to solve as well.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-t-close.html

Last edited by Dano523; 05-23-2015 at 04:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Gas cap COVER wont close ??? HELP!