C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who was in the wrong?
Camaro
53.66%
1/2 ton truck
13.41%
Camaro & 1/2 ton share the blame
32.93%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: to thread titled Moral Dilemma

Old 05-23-2015, 05:11 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Default POLL: to thread titled Moral Dilemma

The video shows a 1/2 ton truck in the left lane, an 18 wheel vehicle in the right lane, and a Camaro coming up, passing the car taking the video on the right, then getting into the left lane behind the 1/2 ton truck. Granted, the Camaro went on the left median to pass the 1/2 ton, but in your opinion, if you were a LEO, who would you blame 1st for the accident.

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 05-23-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:17 PM
SpeedUp
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
The video shows a 1/2 ton truck in the left lane, an 18 wheel vehicle in the right lane, and a Camaro coming up, passing the car taking the video on the right, then getting into the left lane behind the 1/2 ton truck. Granted, the Camaro went on the left median to pass the 1/2 ton, but in your opinion, if you were a LEO, who would you blame 1st for the accident.
If I am thinking of the same video you are talking about, that guy in the pickup truck was antagonizing the camaro guy on purpose. I think he should have been partially to blame for that accident.

He should have just gotten over, he saw the camaro guy getting more and more crazy... Even the trucker probably saw what was going on and could have slowed down..

Truck driver = jerk

camaro driver = jerk

18 wheeler who sees road rage day in and day out should have known something bad could happen and slowed down..
Old 05-23-2015, 05:25 PM
Jmhornz71
Drifting

Received 476 Likes on 308 Posts

If I was the LEO seeing this the guy in Camaro would get a ticket for reckless driving, if didnt act a fool and the Camaro waited then the P/U driver would have one in his hand for impeding traffic or if bad enough reckless also
Old 05-23-2015, 05:28 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Camaro all the way. Driving way to aggressive. The other guys were maintaining there speed and the Camaro's turn to speed up was coming up.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:37 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,882 Likes on 1,905 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Both were at fault, but car caused the wreck. He goes to jail, pickup gets a ticket.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:44 PM
AviBen
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 16 Posts

You asked who was to blame FOR THE ACCIDENT, not who was a jerk. The Camaro driver's actions caused the accident; the 1/2 ton truck driver acted like a jerk, and pissed the Camaro driver off, but he didn't cause the accident; it was the responsibility of the Camaro driver to manage his own emotions and not act out recklessly. To blame the 1/2 ton truck driver for the Camaro driver acting out is like blaming a battered wife, who says something stupid to her husband, for his beating her. No way is she responsible for the beating; that's 100% his. If we let the Camaro driver off the hook, even partially, we'd be setting an extremely dangerous precedent. Bottom line: People are responsible for their own actions and for managing their own emotions.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:59 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedUp
He should have just gotten over, he saw the camaro guy getting more and more crazy... Even the trucker probably saw what was going on and could have slowed down..

Truck driver = jerk

camaro driver = jerk

18 wheeler who sees road rage day in and day out should have known something bad could happen and slowed down..
The pickup driver is an a$$hat and his actions antagonized the Camaro until he finally did something stupid. Ticket the Camaro for reckless driving and the pickup for obstructing traffic.

As far as the 18 wheeler goes, those guys will never do anything to help out any other driver unless it means they will knowingly get in a wreck. How many times have you seen an 18 wheeler pass another 18 wheeler and it will take 3-5 miles, with traffic backed up behind the passing 18 wheeler? Wouldn't you think that the passed 18 wheeler would see the backed up traffic, slow a little, and then flash his lights to let the passing 18 wheeler pull to the right lane. No friggin' way. Maybe they stay pissed at cars because so many auto drivers are just plain stupid and cause a lot of trouble for the trucks.

Sorry about the rant. I just came from a 4500 mile trip on the interstates and this scenario is still fresh in my mind. Kudos to the many truck drivers who do the right thing.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:02 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,672 Likes on 1,295 Posts

Camaro was way too aggressive but the truck driver was an idiot too.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Camaro was at fault.

The pickup probably was pacing the big rig so the Camaro was boxed in. The pickup did this for the Camaro trying to squeeze him out prior.

The Camaro was an idiot all the time. The pickup just reacted but with no class.

I would of prevented the Camaro from merging in also but would not have paced the big rig from boxing in the hot head.

I detest drivers than pass on the right and force their way in.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:42 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

The Camaro is at fault.
The pick up driver is a douch bag. This is what you get for being a douch bag. I hope he is Happy now.

I always try to stay out of trouble, not provoke it.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:42 PM
GuyFromLeMans
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The red neck in the pick up is the instigator.
His deliberate road block created the dangerous and frustrating situation (as we see every single day on US Highways since Cops do nothing to prevent this from happening by not enforcing the passing lane as such).

Maybe next time he will think twice before making "his law" on the road, now that the idiot realized his pick up truck isn't in fact making his ***** any bigger.

Last edited by GuyFromLeMans; 05-23-2015 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:45 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

and now....just think....they have each others address. Gee I wonder what will happen.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:19 PM
GuyFromLeMans
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The one point the Camaro driver made though, is: You don't fix stupid with stupid.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:45 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Boomer111
Camaro was at fault.

The pickup probably was pacing the big rig so the Camaro was boxed in. The pickup did this for the Camaro trying to squeeze him out prior.

The Camaro was an idiot all the time. The pickup just reacted but with no class.

I would of prevented the Camaro from merging in also but would not have paced the big rig from boxing in the hot head.

I detest drivers than pass on the right and force their way in.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:52 PM
Rocketmanwpb
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 227 Posts

You know the old story when two a-holes meet then it is a sure bet there will be trouble. The Camaro was trying to cut in too close to the pickup truck who then got in front and blocked the Camaro who then tailgated the truck. Glad I was not there.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:35 AM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

The Camaro. Period. He was the initial aggressor with his a$$hat pass-from-the-right idiotic move, nearly forcing the pickup off the road.

Just because someone else doesn't practice proper lane discipline, or move over to let you pass doesn't give *you* a license to drive like a jerk with impunity and force people off the road.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:38 AM
SlayerRX8
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 49 Posts

As much as I HATE drivers who sit in the left lane holding up traffic, the guy in the pickup didn't do anything illegal. Driving like that does create dangerous situations, though.

The Camaro driver is the cause of the accident, and his actions are much worse. He gets the tickets, and the pickup driver gets a big FU also.

Get notified of new replies

To POLL: to thread titled Moral Dilemma

Old 05-24-2015, 01:41 AM
KnightmareCS
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 59 Posts

P/U is a douche.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:29 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,940 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by SpeedUp
If I am thinking of the same video you are talking about, that guy in the pickup truck was antagonizing the camaro guy on purpose. I think he should have been partially to blame for that accident.

Truck driver = jerk

camaro driver = jerk

OP does not have a category for the 18 wheel driver but when I first saw this vid months ago, that's what I thought. He, the 18 wheel driver, contributed to, and saw what was happening for miles. The fact that he was involved and probably suffered at least some damage and a ding on his record is justified. Of the three drivers, if this truck driver was the only rational one, he could have prevented it all, including damage to his own truck, or time spent on the side of the road explaining it to the police. But he didn't. Stupid move on his part, too. That's my opinion.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:48 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,882 Likes on 1,905 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
OP does not have a category for the 18 wheel driver but when I first saw this vid months ago, that's what I thought. He, the 18 wheel driver, contributed to, and saw what was happening for miles. The fact that he was involved and probably suffered at least some damage and a ding on his record is justified. Of the three drivers, if this truck driver was the only rational one, he could have prevented it all, including damage to his own truck, or time spent on the side of the road explaining it to the police. But he didn't. Stupid move on his part, too. That's my opinion.
A couple months ago I was boxed in by some idiot in the left lane. They saw me move to the left lane to pass the slower moving traffic in the right lane. We'll they pulled over to the left lane in front of me and boxed me in , pacing a big rig. I kept a safe distance and flashed my lights to no avail. The truck driver saw what was going on and slowed down enough to allow me to pass on the right. He even flashed his lights and waved for me to pull into the right lane in front of him.

After I passed the left lane hog the big rig pulled into the left lane and blew his horn. Think it scared the crap out of the other driver. Lol

18 wheeler saw a problem involving his truck though no fault of his own, and found a way out. I flashed my lights as a thank you and drove rather quickly to get away from the trouble maker.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: POLL: to thread titled Moral Dilemma