C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your feedback needed - C7 Carbon Extended ZR1 Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 09:08 AM
nmalik3000
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Your feedback needed - C7 Carbon Extended ZR1 Spoiler

Hi guys,
I really want to get the the extended zr1 spoiler in carbon fiber from c7 carbon but some reviews complain about the fitment. I have noticed in some (not all) installed pictures that there seems to be visible gap between the spoiler and the rear deck.

I plan to have the carbon spoiler installed by a reputable body shop. I am hoping that this spoiler will give me some much needed downforce as I am at 700 rwhp with my c6.

So, people that have this spoiler installed from c7 carbon, what is your review on the spoiler? Would you do it again? Does the spoiler fit flush? Any noticeable difference in downforce?
Old 06-01-2015, 10:02 AM
surfinva27
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In my personal experience i am satisfied with the spoiler. I just installed mine less than one month ago. The finish of the spoiler looked great when i unboxed it. Initial fit was good on the car, with no huge gaps like some reported. I did have to shave a little bit of material off where the third brake like mounts. That took all of 5 minutes, and was a spot you cannot see with the light installed. Once i had it on the car and bolted it down (i opted to drill holes and install the right way) there was no visible gap that i noticed. I would definitely buy another if i needed one, and am a happy customer.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:34 AM
gp56
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have it installed with no issues. You need some play in the drilled holes to get it to sit properly.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Joey D
Drifting

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

my body shop installed mine- looks perfect, fits perfect.

Where are you in relation to Monmouth county? If you're close you can see mine.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Justin-Sane
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with the others. I love mine. Had to do some shaving on the passenger side as well as make larger than required holes for play room. (Had a pretty good size gap.) If you're having a reputable shop do it, shouldn't be a problem for a "Pro" to handle it.

Before:

after

Last edited by Justin-Sane; 06-01-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:29 PM
mach1daddy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a rear diffuser from them and nothing but troubles from purchase to delivery. I sent it back because of the clear coat having so many defects in finish, that I could not count on them on 2 hands. Also 4 weeks late after the lead time they told me. Horrible customer service.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:17 AM
KORACK
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one as well and the fit was perfect. My only issue was with the finish (clear coat had tons of air bubbles) in which the seller promptly sent me a replacement. This is the only spoiler I liked and am very happy with it.

Get notified of new replies

To Your feedback needed - C7 Carbon Extended ZR1 Spoiler

Quick Reply: Your feedback needed - C7 Carbon Extended ZR1 Spoiler