C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zaino?

Old 06-11-2015, 08:48 AM
1SickGS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino?

Ok guys, I have been browsing the detailing section and everyone is so sold on Zaino I am ready to try it, however, which one? There are several Zaino products.. 2011 Grand Sport BLACK
Old 06-11-2015, 09:02 AM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

It all depends on what you want. If you want a simple one coat and done product then get ZAIO (All in one). It's like any other product, put it on and wipe it off.

If you like the idea of layering product Zaino recommends Z5 for dark cars. Personally I like Z2 better as I think it has a better shine to it. Zaino recommends the ZFX if you are going to do multiple layers on the same day. If not you don't need it (though Zaino will recommend it).

Then there is ZCS (Clear Seal) that you wipe on and walk away. I just started using this product and am very impressed with it. I have used it on two cars (and my mower ) and I've barely used any out of the bottle.

A lot of guys now just use ZAIO and ZCS. I think it's a winning combo and will give you a great shine. Z6 is a detail spray which I would recommend getting over the Z8 (a better detail spray). IMO there isn't enough difference in the look to justify the extra cost of the Z8.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:07 AM
1SickGS
Instructor

Originally Posted by SmokinZ51
It all depends on what you want. If you want a simple one coat and done product then get ZAIO (All in one). It's like any other product, put it on and wipe it off.

If you like the idea of layering product Zaino recommends Z5 for dark cars. Personally I like Z2 better as I think it has a better shine to it. Zaino recommends the ZFX if you are going to do multiple layers on the same day. If not you don't need it (though Zaino will recommend it).

Then there is ZCS (Clear Seal) that you wipe on and walk away. I just started using this product and am very impressed with it. I have used it on two cars (and my mower ) and I've barely used any out of the bottle.

A lot of guys now just use ZAIO and ZCS. I think it's a winning combo and will give you a great shine. Z6 is a detail spray which I would recommend getting over the Z8 (a better detail spray). IMO there isn't enough difference in the look to justify the extra cost of the Z8.

So these two and call it good? Thanks for the reply. Oh and the paint is in great condition already. Just looking for that protection and shine.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:24 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

As a long time Zaino user I recommend Z2 (sealant), ZFX (catalyst), and Z6 (detail spray). If your paint is in good condition the AIO (sealant with mild polish) is not necessary. I use the AIO on my daily drivers. I have many of the Zaino products in my arsenal. I agree with the prior post it is hard to justify the higher cost Z8 detail spray over Z6. I use the ZCS (clear seal) as well but I get better results with Z2. I also use Z7 (wash soap). Good luck.

BIGMAC
Old 06-11-2015, 09:35 AM
1SickGS
Instructor

Originally Posted by BIGMAC
As a long time Zaino user I recommend Z2 (sealant), ZFX (catalyst), and Z6 (detail spray). If your paint is in good condition the AIO (sealant with mild polish) is not necessary. I use the AIO on my daily drivers. I have many of the Zaino products in my arsenal. I agree with the prior post it is hard to justify the higher cost Z8 detail spray over Z6. I use the ZCS (clear seal) as well but I get better results with Z2. I also use Z7 (wash soap). Good luck.

BIGMAC
Would it hurt to run the Z7 thru a power washer after it is mixed properly? I just bought one and it has a soap dispenser built in..
Old 06-11-2015, 10:04 AM
1SickGS
Instructor

wth? lol
Old 06-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Jim2003
Safety Car

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Rejex is far better! Easier. Higher deeper shine.

Last edited by Jim2003; 06-11-2015 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Typing error
Old 06-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by KalonBarnett

So these two and call it good? Thanks for the reply. Oh and the paint is in great condition already. Just looking for that protection and shine.
You can just get the AIO if you want. It will still have a good shine and protection. ZCS will add protection too as well as a deeper shine if used on top of AIO.

Originally Posted by Jim2003
Rejex is far better! Easier. Higher deeper shine.
OP was asking about Zaino let's not confuse him like every other thread that turns into a big debate over what's better. Everyone has their opinion. IMO Rejex is not better. I actually use it on my DD and it doesn't last as long as the Zaino on my wife's DD. I also find it harder to remove than Zaino for some reason and once again IMO Rejex has a more "plastic" look to it and Zaino (IMO) has a deeper shine.

Originally Posted by IndyDaveGS
Jim, does the Rejax stay wet to the touch? As far as "easier" what do you mean?
Thanks
Rejex is similar to AIO. It's a one and done product. Both have a slick feeling when dried. You'll find that Zaino is the most misunderstood product on here. Everyone thinks it's so much work. In truth it really isn't any different in application than anything else out there. There is a member who has built a very successful detail business in Silicone Valley using only Zaino products.

You'll get a lot of opinions on this topic and that's all they are, opinions. There is no "best". If you want a simple on and off product and want to try the Zaino line then I'd just get the ZAIO and some Z6 for the detail spray and be done. If you're a guy who likes to "wax" his car often then get Z5 or Z2.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:58 AM
1SickGS
Instructor

Originally Posted by SmokinZ51
You can just get the AIO if you want. It will still have a good shine and protection. ZCS will add protection too as well as a deeper shine if used on top of AIO.

OP was asking about Zaino let's not confuse him like every other thread that turns into a big debate over what's better. Everyone has their opinion. IMO Rejex is not better. I actually use it on my DD and it doesn't last as long as the Zaino on my wife's DD. I also find it harder to remove than Zaino for some reason and once again IMO Rejex has a more "plastic" look to it and Zaino (IMO) has a deeper shine.

Rejex is similar to AIO. It's a one and done product. Both have a slick feeling when dried. You'll find that Zaino is the most misunderstood product on here. Everyone thinks it's so much work. In truth it really isn't any different in application than anything else out there. There is a member who has built a very successful detail business in Silicone Valley using only Zaino products.

You'll get a lot of opinions on this topic and that's all they are, opinions. There is no "best". If you want a simple on and off product and want to try the Zaino line then I'd just get the ZAIO and some Z6 for the detail spray and be done. If you're a guy who likes to "wax" his car often then get Z5 or Z2.
Thank you for that...All the above.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:16 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

I just tried to plug the tire dressing.
The tire dressing Z16 is very good, and better than most of your typical brands.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Knoxrower
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I just went down the Zaino road based on all of the great response on the forum. Nothing had been done to the car other than washing in quite a while so I started from scratch. I started by washing it with Dawn twice, gone over with Zaino Clay Bar then washed again (regular wash soap). Then three coats of Zaino Z-2 polish with a wipe down of Z-6 gloss enhancer between each coat. Glad it's over but well worth it.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:00 PM
ThunderWheels
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you guys buffing by hand or with an electric buffer? I my try Zaino myself.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:10 PM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderWheels
Are you guys buffing by hand or with an electric buffer? I my try Zaino myself.
No need for a buffer. Apply with a terry or microfiber covered foam pad and remove with quality microfiber towels and a spritz of Z6.

BIGMAC
Old 06-12-2015, 07:33 PM
1SickGS
Instructor

I appreciate everyone responding back. I will try some and report back with my unbiased opinion!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Jim2003
Safety Car

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Jim, does the Rejax stay wet to the touch? As far as "easier" what do you mean?
Thanks
Sorry for the delaying answering, we have had internet issues in our area for a few days. It has added a new definition to the word slow! AT&T and me are not the best of friends at this time.

I have used Rejex since 2003 on my first Vette a new 2003. So I love it even after 12 years of use and 2 different Vettes.

I put it on with my porter cable polisher. It dries to a haze in a few minutes depending upon the heat and humidity. It comes off so easy with a soft towel and there is NO dust. I wait 24 hours for the 1st coat to cure (as per the companies direction) then I put a 2nd coat on. The shine is great! When we travel I take final inspection with me, I spray it on the bugs guts and with very little pressure they just wipe off the paint.

My 2013 is torch red with crome/aluminum factory wheels. I rejex the wheels and the brake dust does not stick on the wheels like when I have used other products.

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zaino?