C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one know of negatives to the "Anti-Venom" man. tranny mod?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 07:45 AM
carl3989
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 549 Likes on 263 Posts
USN

Default Any one know of negatives to the "Anti-Venom" man. tranny mod?

I find that since my short shifter install it's harder for me to move the shift lever through the gears due to having less leverage than the OEM lever. I checked the Forum's member's experiences with the "Anti-Venom" mod seem to be all positive. Yet before I get under my 08 C6 and add those washers, I would like to know whether any one has heard of negatives concerning this mod. Like, maybe having my 08 C6 pop out of gear while parked on an incline. Or might there be a problem of gear disengagement during WOT? Just asking?
Old 07-01-2015, 08:07 AM
racerx3317
Drifting

Received 207 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by carl3989
I find that since my short shifter install it's harder for me to move the shift lever through the gears due to having less leverage than the OEM lever. I checked the Forum's member's experiences with the "Anti-Venom" mod seem to be all positive. Yet before I get under my 08 C6 and add those washers, I would like to know whether any one has heard of negatives concerning this mod. Like, maybe having my 08 C6 pop out of gear while parked on an incline. Or might there be a problem of gear disengagement during WOT? Just asking?
The only negative I found is that third gear can be a bit harder to find when the tranny is cold since the detent doesn't center as firmly as before. Otherwise works awesome, no popping out of gear or anything. I used two washers, I may pull one and try that at some point.

Quick Reply: Any one know of negatives to the "Anti-Venom" man. tranny mod?