C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa or Bolra

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 10:38 PM
tobb14
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Corsa or Bolra

I'm trying to figure out which exhaust sounds the best Corsa or Bolra.
I'm wanting a exhaust that is noticeably louder than supercharged C6 Grand Sport. This car is really mean an I want the sound to match. I don't want a lot of drone noise but after 3k rpms I want it to sound as if all hell is breaking lose. I've been viewing corsa and bolra on youtube but almost all are on the Z06. I don't have that engine but I defiantly have the power to blow it out of the water. It would be nice if I could keep my NPP system. But if not then that's fine. Also haven't seen many old school flowmasters on vettes very curious as to what the 40 series would sound like couldn't find any on Youtube and I've herd that changing the headers out would give that deep sound. Please provide some input
Old 07-03-2015, 11:13 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Its Borla btw. Both manufacturers make multiple systems with different levels of sound output. You can't go wrong with either. If you want to keep bimode exhaust, then look up B&B Fusion or Akrapovic.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Power Hawk
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Both are good systems and sound excellent. My advice is to go to some car shows and ask Corvette owners if you could hear their exhaust before you put $$$$ into one for your car. I have the Corsa Extreme and am very pleased with it. Corsa makes more than one type of exhaust, so make sure you check their web site before you order. I know Corsa sport is not as loud as the extreme.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:34 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,203 Likes on 2,145 Posts

If you want loud but no drone, a corsa may be for you.

Corsa is known to not have any drone. But then again some people's opinion on no drone, little drone or LOTS of drone are all subjective.

I just installed my combo 2 weeks ago. Long tubes are long tubes really so in the end for me it was which exhaust i wanted. I wanted something loud but not obnoxious like my last car. Sound quality is a must over just how loud it can be. Not sense in being the loudest car on the block if it sounds like crap.

I ended up with a borla S-type to go with my long tubes and catless xpipe. The sound is PERFECT. Start up sounds amazing, idling is perfect, not loud at all really and when you get on the throttle, all hell breaks loose.

I have always said a corsa sounds amazing on a cammed car, stock cam doesn't sound as good. And that was the reason why it was easy for me to look elsewhere on exhausts.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:10 AM
erupted
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Borla Attak's w long tube headers and hi flow Cats.....Sounds bad *** when you start up and get on the gas....but surprising quiet with no drone when cruising...

Highly recommend.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:37 PM
tobb14
Instructor

Default Attak

Originally Posted by erupted
I have Borla Attak's w long tube headers and hi flow Cats.....Sounds bad *** when you start up and get on the gas....but surprising quiet with no drone when cruising...

Highly recommend.
Hey the Attack is exactly the one I was looking at. My next question is do you have it on a LS3 or the LS7. I have the grand sport and the LS7 naturally sounds a lot meaner. Also by adding the long tube headers what size did you use and is it state legal.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:39 PM
tobb14
Instructor

Default Npp

Originally Posted by Tech
Its Borla btw. Both manufacturers make multiple systems with different levels of sound output. You can't go wrong with either. If you want to keep bimode exhaust, then look up B&B Fusion or Akrapovic.
Borla does have a NPP system but it's only for the C7 I haven't gotten an response from them in regards to the C6. It comes in the S / Attack modes. The perfect combination.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:46 PM
tobb14
Instructor

Default Shows

Originally Posted by Power Hawk
Both are good systems and sound excellent. My advice is to go to some car shows and ask Corvette owners if you could hear their exhaust before you put $$$$ into one for your car. I have the Corsa Extreme and am very pleased with it. Corsa makes more than one type of exhaust, so make sure you check their web site before you order. I know Corsa sport is not as loud as the extreme.
The problem is no one really owns them in El Paso TX. The one car show I went to no one moded their rides. They were older gentlemen that didn't care for doing that to their ride. El Paso not a bad place but nothing like Atlanta or Birmingham.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:50 PM
tobb14
Instructor

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
If you want loud but no drone, a corsa may be for you.

Corsa is known to not have any drone. But then again some people's opinion on no drone, little drone or LOTS of drone are all subjective.

I just installed my combo 2 weeks ago. Long tubes are long tubes really so in the end for me it was which exhaust i wanted. I wanted something loud but not obnoxious like my last car. Sound quality is a must over just how loud it can be. Not sense in being the loudest car on the block if it sounds like crap.

I ended up with a borla S-type to go with my long tubes and catless xpipe. The sound is PERFECT. Start up sounds amazing, idling is perfect, not loud at all really and when you get on the throttle, all hell breaks loose.

I have always said a corsa sounds amazing on a cammed car, stock cam doesn't sound as good. And that was the reason why it was easy for me to look elsewhere on exhausts.
I'm with you on the Corsa, the more research I do it looks like it will be between the S-type or the Attack. I just don't know how much drone the Attack makes.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:23 PM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

I've had both Borla and Corsa. My next set will be B&B (Billy Boat) Fusion dual mode. Gives you the option of loud or mild with the push of a button.

At 1500-1600rpm, the Borla will give you a headache. Corsa are nicely made, but have that higher pitch sound similar to a European car.

Get on YouTube and listen to some of the sound clips. An LS engine with a cam and headers equipped with a set of B&B mufflers is pure American muscle.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

Received 138 Likes on 129 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

i have corsa, and while it does sound great when the car is a idle, it just seems like its needs more, just my 2 cents
The following users liked this post:
mhatton222 (09-15-2015)
Old 07-05-2015, 07:42 AM
WEARE1
Advanced

I've had both on the same car. Has Corsa when I bought it already and I switched to Borla ATAK thinking it be louder. It's deeper but not louder. Neither have an drone. The ATAK is slightly louder at cruise bit nothing an average person would notice. My wife doesn't. The Corsa was louder under throttle inside the car but I think that's due to the higher pitch. Both were really nice but I'd still choose tge ATAK if I had a choice knowing what I know now. I just like the deeper tone.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:05 AM
erupted
Instructor

Originally Posted by tobb14
Hey the Attack is exactly the one I was looking at. My next question is do you have it on a LS3 or the LS7. I have the grand sport and the LS7 naturally sounds a lot meaner. Also by adding the long tube headers what size did you use and is it state legal.
It's on a 2013 GS LS3 w Edelbrock SC...I used 1 7/8 headers because of the supercharger. I used the 3" into 2 1/2" x-pipe with hi flow cats into the Borla exhaust....

It state legal. Finally, we started with the Borla S Type II exhaust, but my wife wanted more aggressive so on went the Attak's and we 100% satisfied.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:08 AM
erupted
Instructor

Yep, just to add on...Borla Attak...think deeper tone....

Also, absolutely no drone. I think they had drone problems in their earlier exhaust systems, but not any more.

My car came with the NPP? By mode exhaust. I don't miss it at all.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:14 AM
kyzerd
Intermediate

I put corsa on mine with the x pipe and love it. I did corsa sport but if I did it again I would do attack.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:41 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Borla's new systems (Atak, S-type II, and Touring) all have system specific mufflers with no drone. We are dealers for both and sell a lot of them. If you have questions, give us a call @ 443-730-9428. We would be glad to help you find an exhaust that fits you sound preferances and budget
Old 07-05-2015, 04:21 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Atak + headers + high flow cats + cold air intake = beautiful sounds on any LS motor, at idle, acceleration, and deceleration.

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa or Bolra

Old 07-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Corsa has more off that newer V10 type higher tone pitch, while the Borla has more of the older 70's muscle car type lower tone pitch instead.

Since I would rather not having the vet sounding like a dump truck that is straight piped or something on a nascar track, lean more towards the sound tone of the Corsa instead.

Corsa sport

Last edited by Dano523; 07-05-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:59 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,887 Likes on 1,910 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Corsa Sports for me. Put them on my 06 Vert. Sounded good.
Moved them to my 07 Coupe and added long tube headers, much better. A little deaper, def louder and more burble. No drown at cruise but very loud at WOT.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:59 PM
beamg5
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by wayback
Corsa Sports for me. Put them on my 06 Vert. Sounded good.
Moved them to my 07 Coupe and added long tube headers, much better. A little deaper, def louder and more burble. No drown at cruise but very loud at WOT.

Corsa Sport - and never look back. Aside from sound, and a complete absence of drone, they are built from some of the very best stainless steel stock available. I've used the Corsa Sport exhaust systems on four different automobiles and have NEVER voiced a complaint !!

Note: Despite the caption on the video (2 or 3 posts "north" of mine,) I find it very hard to believe that that is correctly labeled as a Corsa Sport system - if anything, it sounds far more like the Corsa extreme, or another system altogether !!

Gary

Quick Reply: Corsa or Bolra