C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Southmsfiveo
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help! Updated

2006 Coupe Automatic Trans

It's raining (again)
Car is on my QuickJack Lift. Outside under a canopy.Took the wheels off to detail three days ago. Raining since I took the wheels off.

While on the lift and waist high, I installed insulation (from a vendor on here) in the floorboards.
I also installed the SimpleConnect Bluetooth device (ISGM655).
I started the car just long enough to shift into N so I can clear the shift **** reinstalling the radio surround. Shut the car off. Surround in place. Placed shifter into P continued to finalize install. Car starts making clicking noises from the fuse panel area. I didn't think much of it. I realized I need to remove the radio surround due to an alignment issue with the center console. This is were it goes bad.

I just managed to get back into the car. Doors open and hood open now so I have access to everything.

UPDATE: Acts like a short in the system. dash lights flicker a little very hard to notice. Cargo are lights are bright. Radio/XM/NAV unit is making a noise like the eject disc motor running.

HOW CAN I MOVE THE GEAR SHIFT? Car will not start, automatic transmission,

I suspect something with the SimpleConnect since I mounted it right behind the FOB reader inside the dash. Severe interference or something. If can move the shifter, then I can remove the radio surround and disconnect the SimpleConnect device and trace out the problem.

Pouring down rain!

Last edited by Southmsfiveo; 07-05-2015 at 08:43 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 07-05-2015, 08:11 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

You said you can open the hatch.

1. Crawl in that way or,

2. Pull the emergency door release handle inside, over the left rear wheel well.
LS14ME2
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Open the hatch with the key and pop the driver door with the manual release..

Oops... you can get in the hatch....just open the DD with the manual release..
JAM-Vette
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hmmmmm I'm alitte lost if you need to get into the car use the key and unlock hatch under the license plate area
Old 07-05-2015, 09:29 PM
Pilgrim86314
Instructor

Originally Posted by Southmsfiveo
2006 Coupe Automatic Trans

It's raining (again)
Car is on my QuickJack Lift. Outside under a canopy.Took the wheels off to detail three days ago. Raining since I took the wheels off.

While on the lift and waist high, I installed insulation (from a vendor on here) in the floorboards.
I also installed the SimpleConnect Bluetooth device (ISGM655).
I started the car just long enough to shift into N so I can clear the shift **** reinstalling the radio surround. Shut the car off. Surround in place. Placed shifter into P continued to finalize install. Car starts making clicking noises from the fuse panel area. I didn't think much of it. I realized I need to remove the radio surround due to an alignment issue with the center console. This is were it goes bad.

I just managed to get back into the car. Doors open and hood open now so I have access to everything.

UPDATE: Acts like a short in the system. dash lights flicker a little very hard to notice. Cargo are lights are bright. Radio/XM/NAV unit is making a noise like the eject disc motor running.

HOW CAN I MOVE THE GEAR SHIFT? Car will not start, automatic transmission,

I suspect something with the SimpleConnect since I mounted it right behind the FOB reader inside the dash. Severe interference or something. If can move the shifter, then I can remove the radio surround and disconnect the SimpleConnect device and trace out the problem.

Pouring down rain!
You need to move the shifter but it won't move unless the car is running. Try this: press and hold the bottom of the ignition switch for about 15-20 seconds. Everything will usually come on as tho the car started BUT it will not spin the starter. if that works you'll be able to move the shifter.

Pilgrim
Old 07-06-2015, 12:15 AM
Southmsfiveo
Advanced

Well it's alive again!

Battery drained down. Low enough to make some lights act wacky and a couple of other little quirks.

Pulled the radio fuse. Stopped the noise from the radio. Hood light came on really bright. It was dime before I pulled the fuse. Hooked up to a jumper and let the jumper charge the vet for a little bit. Fired it up first try and let the vette alternator charge the battery for a while. This about when it stopped raining.

Made sure everything was working properly. Replaced the radio fuse. Everything is now working properly. A couple of restarts and little more charge time wrapped it up for the night.
I have a small trip to one of my offices in the morning, about 180 miles round trip. That ought to make sure the battery is back at 100%.

THANK YOU for responding to my help request!
Old 07-06-2015, 12:20 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Or you could charge the battery overnite
NSF

Get notified of new replies

To Help.

Quick Reply: Help.