C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPO F55 and Selective Magnetic Ride Dial

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Not confusing at all. The option was F55 and it included pieces and parts that are coded to define them. There are not a lot a lot of buyer options, but there are sometimes many pieces needed to make the option.
Hmmm, maybe I don't understand, but I don't believe that from a suspension standpoint there was any pieces and parts from the Z51 associated with the suspension F55 option. The F55 option is simply the magnetic ride (shocks). The standard suspension on a Grand Sport was the Z16 suspension package which had the bits and pieces as you mentioned, needed to make that suspension but it is not an option it is standard. In 2011 the F55 option could be included with the standard Z16 suspension. My 2012 has the F55 listed as an option but the Z16 is not an option and the Z16 it is what includes the Z06 stabilizer bars and the Z51 springs.
Here is a link:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...age-specs.html

Last edited by Cor430vette; 07-08-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:47 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Familycorvette
OK, I just got home and looked, I have regular shocks with no electronics, but I do have the "Selective Ride" dial on the console.

I am baffled...

One last question for anyone who has the dial.

Do you get any kind of light on the dash or HUD when you change from tour or sport?

I will take the console off in the future, but just not today..

Thanks
OK. I know of one type of mod where that switch may have been used to stop the Nav from locking out changes while driving. You might try that. Switch it one way or the other and have a passenger, important, a passenger try to update a nav way point or enter an address. It may time out if not done in quick time just move the switch on and off again to continue. Try it you might like it.

Quick Reply: RPO F55 and Selective Magnetic Ride Dial