C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

60 years of excellence.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 07:31 PM
Redvetteitalia
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 60 years of excellence.

Ever since I purchased my first corvette and did the complete engine swap...brakes..shocks....powersteering.. .seats and other modifications to fit my driving experience I decided to tell the previous owner about the bitter sweet experience I had on corvette forum.
The previous owner chuckled as the smile lit up his face and said....you must ve met the purests huh.
I nodded in agreement as he picked up his coffee which is usually black with no milk or cream in sight.
He told me that most of the corvette owners are unaware of the corvettes European lineage as American never started producing Sportscars until after world War 2.
I learned about the many influences that Corvette had including its Russian father Zora Arkus Duntov.
So I asked him....why are corvette owners so anti international when America is made up of immigrants in the first place.
He told me with laugh that even common people of common means can afford a corvette. Mass production means even the ignorant can buy one the greatest cars ever made. All the negative opinions and comments made sense now. People who own a corvette don't transcend bigotry....negativity and group social views....corvette owners can be a successful person like myself who spends time building up others as opposed to tearing them down or a bigot who's broken lifestyle has him hating the world and anything remotely different in it.
The corvette has lasted 60 years because it's a double edged sword....a blade for the real car enthusiasts and a blade for the people who just bought the car for status.

Last edited by Redvetteitalia; 07-08-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:37 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Ahh, OK.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Redvetteitalia
Instructor

Originally Posted by jrose7004
Ahh, OK.
i seriously wasn't aware that Corvette owners don't know the history....I was kinda shocked
Old 07-08-2015, 07:49 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Not sure I understand your point. I recall a thread a few days ago about someone who plans (or fantasizes perhaps) about buying a new Alfa Romeo ... was that you? I didn't read the entire thing, but if that's what you want and can afford, go for it. It's a fine car from what I've heard. A friend some years ago was an Alfa guy, and he had one of the early 70s models (similar in appearance to an MG), but he spent an awful lot of time working on it, or having it worked on. That's about all I know about the brand.

But as far as being anti-European, I certainly am not. I'd love to have a V-10 Audi R8 but it's something I'm not willing to pay $150K for. A Bugatti Veyron would be fun too ... but admittedly $2M is out of my price range.

You'll find some ****** here on the forum for sure, as you will in any large crowd. But most seem to be quite nice and appreciative of other car brands. One of my other cars, my DD, is a ricer ... a Subaru Forester. And it serves me well. And I've had a Japanese sports car in the past ... a Mitsubishi 3000GT ... but it was no match for the Vette. When I want to have fun with lots of power, I use the Vette. Not trying to impress anyone (don't have to), I just think it's a fun car.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:51 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

You sound self important and pompous but I could be wrong, I don't know your history.

Last edited by okie08vette; 07-08-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Redvetteitalia
Instructor

Originally Posted by RocketDawg
Not sure I understand your point. I recall a thread a few days ago about someone who plans (or fantasizes perhaps) about buying a new Alfa Romeo ... was that you? I didn't read the entire thing, but if that's what you want and can afford, go for it. It's a fine car from what I've heard. A friend some years ago was an Alfa guy, and he had one of the early 70s models (similar in appearance to an MG), but he spent an awful lot of time working on it, or having it worked on. That's about all I know about the brand.

But as far as being anti-European, I certainly am not. I'd love to have a V-10 Audi R8 but it's something I'm not willing to pay $150K for. A Bugatti Veyron would be fun too ... but admittedly $2M is out of my price range.

You'll find some ****** here on the forum for sure, as you will in any large crowd. But most seem to be quite nice and appreciative of other car brands. One of my other cars, my DD, is a ricer ... a Subaru Forester. And it serves me well. And I've had a Japanese sports car in the past ... a Mitsubishi 3000GT ... but it was no match for the Vette. When I want to have fun with lots of power, I use the Vette. Not trying to impress anyone (don't have to), I just think it's a fun car.
well that's why I said that it was bitter sweet....most replies have been very professional even nice....some haven't
Old 07-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

I'm shocked you didn't.

Corvette people aren't any different from other sports car people. There are some good.. some bad.. and some that embarrass the rest of 'em.

With that being said, just because someone doesn't share the same taste as you doesn't make them a bigot.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Redvetteitalia
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tech
I'm shocked you didn't.

Corvette people aren't any different from other sports car people. There are some good.. some bad.. and some that embarrass the rest of 'em.

With that being said, just because someone doesn't agree with your taste doesn't make them a bigot.
I agree on a negative opinion doesn't make a person a bigot....but giving your opinion when it wasn't asked for makes a person a jerk
Old 07-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Redvetteitalia
I agree on a negative opinion doesn't make a person a bigot....but giving your opinion when it wasn't asked for makes a person a jerk
Welcome to the internet. People are free to express their opinion with the safety of anonymity. It's not a Corvette thing. Read YouTube comments.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Redvetteitalia
Instructor

Originally Posted by okie08vette
You sound self important and pompous but I could be wrong, I don't know your history.
I could be but we all know I'm not simply because I don't impose my opinion on others
Old 07-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Redvetteitalia
Instructor

Welcome to the internet. People are free to express their opinion with the safety of anonymity. It's not a Corvette thing. Read YouTube comments.
I have and most people express opinions with nothing to back up their comments just like corvette forum
Old 07-08-2015, 07:58 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

I don't know, Red. Go onto any of the Porsche, BMW, Maserati, or Ferrari forums and you will hear folks who are supremely arrogant, and insanely purist...possibly for good reason. I hear no more arrogance on this forum than I do on the Silverado forum I belong to.

There is room for everyone here...think about that, and maybe you will feel better about it.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Tech
Safety Car

I could be but we all know I'm not simply because I don't impose my opinion on others
I don't think we share the same definitions of those words. Imposing your belief isn't directly related to those adjectives.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:11 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,105 Likes on 706 Posts

Isn't that exactly what you did with your original post?
Old 07-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Redvetteitalia
Instructor

Originally Posted by HBsurfer
Isn't that exactly what you did with your original post?
no it wasn't....but I believe if your going to impose your beliefs on others and then slam their car because it's different than your you might as wear the shoe if it fits
Old 07-08-2015, 08:32 PM
Redvetteitalia
Instructor

I don't think we share the same definitions of those words. Imposing your belief isn't directly related to those adjectives.
really I suppose when your a white person who believes all people should be white I suppose that doesn't make you a bigot....maybe in **** land your definitions make sense
Old 07-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Redvetteitalia
Instructor

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
I don't know, Red. Go onto any of the Porsche, BMW, Maserati, or Ferrari forums and you will hear folks who are supremely arrogant, and insanely purist...possibly for good reason. I hear no more arrogance on this forum than I do on the Silverado forum I belong to.

There is room for everyone here...think about that, and maybe you will feel better about it.
I agree and the ratio of pompous *** hats is higher in those forums as well as the number of non car enthusiasts as well

Get notified of new replies

To 60 years of excellence.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Tech
Safety Car

really I suppose when your a white person who believes all people should be white I suppose that doesn't make you a bigot....maybe in **** land your definitions make sense
I think you just called me a **** bigot because you don't know the definition of 2 words that someone else used to describe you.

Contrary to your own self image, you are not a nice person.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:38 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,892 Likes on 1,914 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I was one of the posters who tried to defend you. After reading this bull crap I'm not sure why I bothered. Seems to me you came here looking for a fight and are doing everything you can to find one.

Welcome to my ignore list. Not worth my time to read anything you have to say.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Redvetteitalia
Instructor

I think you just called me a **** bigot because you don't know the definition of 2 words that someone else used to describe you.

Contrary to your own self image, you are not a nice person.
actually I didn't call you a **** bigot....but since your projecting do as you feel. Think of the corvette as a car that is personalized in many different ways....then look at the corvette owner who thinks all corvettes including base models should remain stock....simply use your imagination and you have automotive racism at it finest lol

Quick Reply: 60 years of excellence.