C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sun Visor Replacement - Bezel Broke

Old 07-11-2015, 01:39 PM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Sun Visor Replacement - Bezel Broke

During the process of replacing the passenger-side sun visor due to the dreaded broken mirror cover hinge, the inner bezel broke apart (very brittle thin plastic) when I inserted a flat blade screwdriver into the slot of the bezel (per sun visor removal instructions). Now, there's no leverage point in order to rotate the visor and remove it. Does anyone have any ideas how I can remove the sun visor given the circumstances? I have a new visor ready to install.

2006 convertible.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-11-2015, 06:18 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 434 Likes on 371 Posts

I realize that you have a new one ready to install, but if you can't, this might be an option for you...

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ror-cover.html
Old 07-12-2015, 08:39 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cclive
I realize that you have a new one ready to install, but if you can't, this might be an option for you...

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ror-cover.html

Yep, saw that thread. Was hoping someone knew what measures the Tech took to remove the one member's visor when he said the Tech destroyed the retaining ring. New visors come with the retainer but not the bezel.

As many owners have said, it's hard to believe GM uses such cheap and cheesy plastic parts in their flagship vehicle, but, I shouldn't be surprised after owning 20 of these cars over the years. It IS ridiculous.

Thanks for the reply.

Get notified of new replies

To Sun Visor Replacement - Bezel Broke

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sun Visor Replacement - Bezel Broke