C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need new winshield wipers

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 09:01 PM
rcjays
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need new winshield wipers

Got any recommendations for new wipers? Need to replace mine and there are so many choices??? JDa
Old 07-14-2015, 09:08 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

OEM replacements work great on my 06. They were installed when I bought it so I have nothing to compare them with but, I did drive down the OR/CA coast in a monsoon for a few hundred miles one day. No complaints.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,029 Likes on 2,183 Posts

You can get the rubber inserts for a few dollar each from any autoparts store to replace the inserts in the holders. Just picked up 2- 21" rubber inserts.

Done this way, just a few dollars every year, and your set.

As for changing the inserts, one end will have a Clip that you need to press in to release the insert from the blade holder, and you can slip the entire insert off the holder section.

To install, leave the plastic clips that come on the inserts to hold the steel side rails to the sides of the insert, and slide the blades back in the holder C slots with the lock clip towards the bottom of the holder (the section that would be towards the front of the car with the washer blades up and down on the windshield) and as you are pushing the blade up the C retainers, the plastic steel rail holders will slip down and off the blade, and you just need to relock the new blade in place via the bottom C clip of the holder.

Get notified of new replies

To Need new winshield wipers

Quick Reply: Need new winshield wipers