C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Vote and Share- Karting Video to Rebuild Vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 10:54 PM
jhester
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Please Vote and Share- Karting Video to Rebuild Vette

UPDATE - Register and vote and if I win, I will donate $1 for each visitor and vote to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Guys, I'm not one to post something like this hat-n-hand, but I could really use the Forum's help.

A few months ago, I made a karting video and submitted it to Bell Helmet's "Through the Visor" video contest. My video was selected for the final round of the contest and now I need your votes and to share the link on social media:

http://throughthevisor.bellracing.com/jeff-hester

You can vote ONCE PER DAY for the entire month of August, so please vote, share the link on FB, and remember to vote as frequently as you'd like throughout the month!

Last year I was at a HPDE event at Mid Ohio and after the second session my car (2007 C6 base) caught fire. The fire appears to have started due to a transmission fluid leak and something (brakes, exhaust) was hot enough to ignite the fluid. I was fortunate that it was at the end of the session and I was able to run and get a fire extinguisher to put it out but not before much of the back of the car was damaged. The fuel system, rear wiring, rear carpet, and large sections of body work need to be replaced.

This contest would go a long way to help repair the car and get another Corvette back on the track. I never thought that my video would make the finals, so it is really exciting that I have a chance to compete!

I appreciate you taking the time to vote and share the link. You have to setup a login to vote, but after you have setup the login once you do not have to login again on future days to re-vote.

Thank you guys if you are able to support me with your votes over the next several weeks. Remember, you can VOTE ONCE PER DAY; thank you for all of your support! With luck, I can't wait to get back on track sometime later this year.

Jeff

The full karting session from Fast Times if you are interested:

Here is a picture of the car in the hot pits at Putnam Park prior to the morning track walk, a few months prior to the fire.

Last edited by jhester; 08-19-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:43 PM
jhester
Pro

Thank you guys very much for the votes so far! As of the first few days of the contest, my video is currently ranked 6th in unique visitors!

This is not a direct vote count, but is likely the closest I can get. The top 5 places are awarded a prize, so please continue to vote! You are making a huge difference!

I also received a few PM's asking about more details on the fire. Below is a picture of the transmission and passenger fuel tank. You can see some of the fire damage. It was a really close call, a few more seconds on fire, the fuel tank would have failed, and the entire car would have been lost.

Thank you guys for all of the support!

Old 08-07-2015, 08:13 AM
jhester
Pro

I have received just under 200 unique views and votes, most of which are Corvette owners; THANK YOU

For those who have voted, please continue to vote if you can remember over the next few weeks. I setup a calendar reminder to help me remember, because the website allows you to vote only 24 hours after your previous vote.

For those of you who haven't voted, its not too late to sign up and contribute! It only takes a minute to register for the site, then one click and you've voted!

Thank you all very much, I can't wait to get the car back on the track.

Last edited by jhester; 08-07-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:56 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

voted, good luck
Old 08-19-2015, 09:08 PM
jhester
Pro

Thank you for your votes and please continue to vote each 24 hours! We are about half way into the contest, and it looks like we have around 250 unique visitors.

Those are great results, but I'm going to kick it up a notch. This video was taken during a celebration of cancer survival; it only makes sense to give back! If I win the contest, I will match each new visitor and vote with a $1 donation to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

WE CAN DO THIS! The two-pronged strategy is still key:

1) Vote consistently every day! Phone or calendar reminders work best!
2) Please share the link on FB or with your non-FB friends! Every visitor and vote is $1 towards cancer research!!!

Let's vote, contribute to cancer research and win!!!

Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To Please Vote and Share- Karting Video to Rebuild Vette

Quick Reply: Please Vote and Share- Karting Video to Rebuild Vette