C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls3 thermostat and housing?

Old 08-03-2015, 07:46 PM
hydrasport
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Default ls3 thermostat and housing?

This is not a question about which thermostat temp is best.
I have found two different styles for the LS3 thermostat when looking for the correct replacement part. One style listed for the 08 LS3 is just the thermostat and the second style, a little more money, comes as a housing with thermostat. I am not sure if the stand alone thermostat will work as a replacement. That is my question. Has any one replaced just the thermostat or must the housing and thermostat be replaced together because the thermostat cannot be removed from the factory housing?
Old 08-03-2015, 07:53 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,881 Likes on 1,904 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

You can just replace the thermostat. Be sure it is installed correctly, there is a tab to line up.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:54 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by wayback
You can just replace the thermostat. Be sure it is installed correctly, there is a tab to line up.
Yep!
Old 08-03-2015, 08:02 PM
hydrasport
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks. The one that I bought years back for the C5 LS6 was a one piece unit. Just wasn't sure if the order was going to be correct for the LS3. Was on the Jeg's site and placed an order for the high back office chair and was going down the list looking for anything else that I might need in the near future. They offered both styles.

Get notified of new replies

To ls3 thermostat and housing?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ls3 thermostat and housing?