C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear side indicator won't turn off

Old 08-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Andreas Hall
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear side indicator won't turn off

Hello!

As the topic says I have a problem with my rear left side indicator (eu model).
The problem is that when I use the left turn signal the lamp get stuck, like forever until i remove the right rear lamp
and gently hit the small box behind it.
I had this problem earlier this year and solved it just by moving this box around a little and that helped until now when the lamp started trouble me again.
Did the same procedure again today and with a bit of different result as you can see in the video.
I have not seen anyone have this problem and my thought is that it has to be something with this box on the right side because I just have to touch it and the lamp turns off.
Before I moved the box around the indicator would not start flash again just a constant light even when the car was off and the key far away.
youtube link:

Last edited by Andreas Hall; 08-09-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:27 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

The single biggest source of rear end light problems, on this side of the pond anyway (), is the main connector inside the rear fascia. It can be accessed by removing one or both right side tail lights. Be careful when removing those, the single "u-nut" that holds them is just a friction fit and is easily knocked off and falls into the abyss inside the fascia never to be seen again. We usually recommend putting a good size towel down inside the fascia while working back there in case you drop anything.

Post 6 in here has a pic of the connector (it's rotated 90 degrees):

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1587469894

And post 25 in here has pics of the connector apart showing the typical kind of corrosion that causes all the problems:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589967726

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear side indicator won't turn off