C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aFe New Pfadt Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 01:35 PM
amlarson2001
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Default aFe New Pfadt Coilovers

Has anyone order the Pfadt coilovers from aFe Performance yet. I have been working with them to get replacement coilovers as I bought some used gen one pfadt coilovers and one of the rear ones had a blown shock. Unfortunately they cant fix mine. I have been back and forth over the Pfadt's and the Lg G2's. Cant decide if I want to have it adjustable or not. I think I will get a C6 Z someday so I would love to be able to just change them over and adjust accordingly. I do realize that I can put the LG's in a c6 z as well but it wouldn't be setup correctly as it would be coming off a C5 z. Anyone with any info on the NEW aFe coilovers please let me know what you think.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:36 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

I have the LG G2s currently on my Z and I came from Pfadt SA Featherlights (before AFE) took over...so I don't know how the "newer" AFE Featherlights compare....

If you go with the LG G2s (which are awesome btw)...You could always send them back to LG to get them re-valved for when you get into a C6Z.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:40 PM
amlarson2001
Pro

I was talking with LG and they told me about that option. Did you just not like having to mess with the Pfadt's or something? Why the switch to LG? What is it about the LG that you like more?
Old 08-31-2015, 02:57 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Originally Posted by amlarson2001
I was talking with LG and they told me about that option. Did you just not like having to mess with the Pfadt's or something? Why the switch to LG? What is it about the LG that you like more?
I didn't mind the adjustments of the Pfadts...it was very simply, but after having the LGs...I don't miss dialing in the dampening, especially when its done right with the Bilstein shocks supplied by LG.

Lets just say I like the LGs because its a little more serious when it comes to street/track duties.

Heres my thread on the switch.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...real-deal.html
Old 08-31-2015, 03:54 PM
amlarson2001
Pro

thanks for the link. Looks like many other felt the same way you do. I do wonder if the sway bars had a big factor in it not handling the way you liked.
Good to know if i want to buy the same system that you have many have had great results.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:03 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Originally Posted by amlarson2001
thanks for the link. Looks like many other felt the same way you do. I do wonder if the sway bars had a big factor in it not handling the way you liked.
Good to know if i want to buy the same system that you have many have had great results.
Well the Pfadt sway bars really don't act as a true sway bar...here is a better explanation from Lou at LG.

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Hi Gang,

with regard to the rear bar, we were never allowed to discuss this when Puff Daddy (pfadt) was in business but the rear bar does not function as a sway bar. It acts like an additional rear transverse spring.

When the car is on the ground at ride height, the arms are up over a 70 degree angle pointed up. Then as the suspension goes through its travel, instead of rotating the sway bar, it acts more like a transverse spring. Even on a straight run, both sides of the bar are pulled up instead of rotating the bar, it pulls up both sides of the bar.

Essentially it just adds spring rate to the rear by binding, but it does not act like an anti roll bar. (sway bar)

The angle of the arm, even with the car up on jacks, is already past the point where it will rotate the sway bar. Then when the car is set on the ground, there is no way to rotate the bar so it can act like a sway bar. on a video you can see the bar deflect up rather than rotate.

At LG Motorsports we have a slogan that says, "We race, you win". We could not have won so many pro races over the last 40 years if we made mistakes like this. (same goes for our Coil overs)

We already have 5000 miles of testing on our new C7 bars and coil overs. We are at the Corvette Museum 20 year bash as I write this. We will put up some video of our C7 on track with our Coil over shocks and Sway bars.

this thread would have been deleted a year ago. It is good that this info can finally be brought out.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

note the angle of the arm even with the car on jack stands. Then imagine what it will do when the car is on the ground.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1587707223

When switching over the LG G1 bars...I immediately noticed the car was substantially flatter around turns.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:08 PM
amlarson2001
Pro

i can tell you have done your research and on hand testing. You could be on the lg payroll.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:12 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

LOL! I'm actually not trying to be like that...I was looking at a few other options when I wanted to move on from the Pfadt stuff. I just found that the LG gear seemed to fit my needs better, and after installation...I am 100% pleased with the outcome. Lets just say...I was so disappointed with the Pfadt stuff on the track...I was looking for anything to get my car back to to feeling like it should. I almost went back to my leaf spring/DRM Bilstein setup which was great as well btw.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:56 AM
amlarson2001
Pro

I decided to go with the G2's. LFZ you had so much good info it just seemed like the right way to go.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:12 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

You won't be disappointed. Let me know how you like them once you get them on.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:56 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

next mod.....
Old 09-03-2015, 02:03 PM
amlarson2001
Pro

Whats next!! Just ordered the Camber kit from aFe. Then tires for my 18x10.5 square setup. after that just have fun for a while. Maybe sway bars next year.

Last edited by amlarson2001; 09-03-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To aFe New Pfadt Coilovers

Quick Reply: aFe New Pfadt Coilovers