C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Problems from C6 A6 as usual !

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 08:09 PM
PatriotsGuy
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default More Problems from C6 A6 as usual !

Details: 08 C6 auto 22 k miles, bought from chevy dealer, has extended warranty. Besides whole list of issues heres the latest.Problems: now with increasing frequency whether it be from a stop light or merging onto highway, pressing gas to start going or merging will result in absoloutely no response as if your pressing the gas whie car is not running .Rpms dont even move. It almost caused a near rear end collision of my p.o.s. Vette on the highway yesterday. Or mashing pedal to get it going while people honk at you at a red light usually takes about 5 seconds of flooring it to respond with as usual weak throttle response. Since purchased, car has had clunky, jerking, delayed, banging,inconsistent,harsh gear changing/acceleration, alnost feels like a 4 cylinder with 500k miles on motor type power, been to 3 differant dealers First one says :until breaks down, theres nothing we can do. Second one says: were not gonna start pulling it apart and look for problems .3rd on says : This is normal for it to run like absoloute s$!t pulling 0-60 times in about 6 seconds going down hill no less. Around 4.5 for automatics would be more reasonable. . I thinking tranny issues, at 22k miles is heinous,way to go GM.Any thoughts ANYBODY ??? This car absoloutely sucks in plain engish.

Last edited by PatriotsGuy; 09-04-2015 at 08:24 PM. Reason: not done
Old 09-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Hope someone helps you find and solve these problems. I've had several A6 C6s and none of them had these kinds of problems. Still have an A6 012 coupe.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:15 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

With driving that bad you think you be throwing codes left and right, nothing? 22k on the odo is nothing, clean history on the car?
Old 09-04-2015, 08:23 PM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

May need to elaborate more this condition.
Does not sound like so much tranny issues but engine running problems. Does the engine rev but trans not engaging?. Here's a long shot, make sure you use traction control, having it off make the throttle response sluggish.
Fuel system could be compromised, low pressure will make sluggish response.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:30 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

After reading various car/truck forums, the first thing I would do is see if you have a factory/stock tune on your car. Seems like everyone throws an aftermarket tune on everything. If you purchased it used, you never know, could be someone put crappy tune on it that's screwing things up.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:31 PM
PatriotsGuy
Racer

Default answer

Originally Posted by RicardoFors68
With driving that bad you think you be throwing codes left and right, nothing? 22k on the odo is nothing, clean history on the car?
Yup clean carfax clean vehicle check also had maintence performed in history of vehicle.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:49 PM
PatriotsGuy
Racer

Default answer

Originally Posted by extrapilot
May need to elaborate more this condition.
Does not sound like so much tranny issues but engine running problems. Does the engine rev but trans not engaging?. Here's a long shot, make sure you use traction control, having it off make the throttle response sluggish.
Fuel system could be compromised, low pressure will make sluggish response.
Engine does not rev its like pressing gas with car off or stalled, car has been a nightmare with no one being able diagnose issue poorly trained young techs relying on codes instead of figuring out problem like they did pre 90s era before everything went computerised.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:50 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

I'm thinking maybe a bad accelerator pedal position sensor.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Zero_6
Drifting

Received 165 Likes on 111 Posts

My 08 A6 runs fine. No issues as of yet. 7200k miles on it.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:53 PM
airmed2
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 190 Posts

Did they start easy with spark plugs? Coils?
Old 09-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Where is the Chevrolet Customer relations person at that usually pops up about this time?????
Old 09-04-2015, 09:02 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,887 Likes on 1,910 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by cclive
I'm thinking maybe a bad accelerator pedal position sensor.
That or even MAF sensor. When my maf connection got wet the car acted like it was in N.

Both of these should throw a code. I find it hard to believe there are no codes.

Are there any reputable tuners close to you?
Old 09-04-2015, 09:24 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

There is not enuff info given, so just guessing is resulting in some pretty good guesses.

What does this sentence mean: "...also had maintence performed in history of vehicle"? The "history" question (Ricardo) on the car is not just CarFax, as you probably already know. It can also be the IVH which is only at the dealer (and is free to find/read/print).

To see if the engine/trans has had a tune (a bad one or any at all) someone is going to have to specifically check for that at your dealer (or elsewhere).

Good luck. You might want to disclose what city you live in (with 3 dealers) because someone on here might know of either a good dealer or a good indie shop.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:29 PM
PatriotsGuy
Racer

Originally Posted by airmed2
Well this is the latest problem just started yesterday, has not been in shop for tjis current issue.but previous problems have been met with unwilling to assist service dept, who says they wont get paid if they start looking for problems, what do i have to do walk in there like a raging bull demanding they fix my car .I live in a rural area not that many chevy dealers in close proximity.

Last edited by PatriotsGuy; 09-04-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:34 PM
PatriotsGuy
Racer

Originally Posted by airmed2
Thats what isaid before, but they refused
Old 09-04-2015, 09:39 PM
PatriotsGuy
Racer

Originally Posted by AORoads
There is not enuff info given, so just guessing is resulting in some pretty good guesses.

What does this sentence mean: "...also had maintence performed in history of vehicle"? The "history" question (Ricardo) on the car is not just CarFax, as you probably already know. It can also be the IVH which is only at the dealer (and is free to find/read/print).

To see if the engine/trans has had a tune (a bad one or any at all) someone is going to have to specifically check for that at your dealer (or elsewhere).

Good luck. You might want to disclose what city you live in (with 3 dealers) because someone on here might know of either a good dealer or a good indie shop.
I meant, that carfax showed that previous owner did maintenance (oil change ,battery check, etc) on vehicle. Dont know if there are tuner shops around here, i refuse to pay out of pocket if its under warranty that i bought no less.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

This last bit of information, rural living could hinder you for sure. Worth a trip to a Corvette or LS engine specialty shop. Maybe the deletes hips do not have much experience with the Corvette. Not that it should matter with most issues. No codes is a puzzler too.

This latest problem should be easily trouble shooted.

Wonder if yo got a flood damaged car?

I would not trust Carfax as far as I could throw them.

Last edited by Boomer111; 09-04-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To More Problems from C6 A6 as usual !

Old 09-04-2015, 09:44 PM
PatriotsGuy
Racer

Originally Posted by wayback
That or even MAF sensor. When my maf connection got wet the car acted like it was in N.

Both of these should throw a code. I find it hard to believe there are no codes.

Are there any reputable tuners close to you?
The only code it ever showed was before this latest problem that said something like fuel or oxygen to rich ?that was done at advance auto and i nor the guy that ran check knows what that means .Then broght to dealer next day and they said theres no code or they deleted it , beats me man.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:04 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,629 Likes on 2,349 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy
The only code it ever showed was before this latest problem that said something like fuel or oxygen to rich ?that was done at advance auto and i nor the guy that ran check knows what that means .Then broght to dealer next day and they said theres no code or they deleted it , beats me man.
Jeez, ya know...you posted in May, you posted in July, now you post in September about the pos vette you own.
Where are you? Perhaps somebody local to you can help remedy the problem.
Damn.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:08 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Suggestions were made; you decide what you will do.

Quick Reply: More Problems from C6 A6 as usual !